Speaker spikes on concrete or wood floor best?

Would it be better to spike speakers thru carpet onto a wood floor or a concrete floor?
husk01
I would rather have a concrete floor if you have a choice between locations with either. Make sure that the covering for the concrete is sufficient to damp reflections. Due to water damage I just replaced the inherited from previous owner wall to wall carpet on my concrete floored listening room with vinyl flooring with 3 large wool area rugs and the improvement was well beyond expectations.
Concrete is the absolute best. But many do not have that option. I have wood floors over concrete and it works great.

I tried using the spikes that come with my Thiels, but prefer cork adhesive dots. Sounds better to me.
Great question and one that I never gave much thought to. My speaker/stands came with spike so I've always used them. First on wood and now on tile covering concrete.

May I rephrase the question to help the larger audience:

If you have concrete flooring should you use spikes or another material to anchor your speaker stands?

Likewise, if you have wood should you spike it or use a covering over it?
Hi Kphinney

What did you end up using? The reason I ask is that I currently have speakers with large Edensound brass footers on them. The speakers and footers sit on top of a 2.5" thick wood block that has carpet piercing spikes. Now the flooring in my listening room is going from carpet over concrete to engineered wood over concrete. I'm thinking I may not need the wood block with carpet piercing spikes anymore but I'm thinking I may need disks underneath Edensound brass footers. Part of me was thinking to put Auralex Subdue platforms underneath the speakers as an alternative.

Any thoughts or comments on this is much appreciated.

Thanks