2 Channel Subwoofer connection

Hello, I am seeking advice for a Subwoofer connection.  My system consist of a Rotel RCD 1570, Jolida JD 202 Integrated Tube Amplifier and a pair of Bowers & Wilkins 705. This set up is just for music listening.
I like how much detail I get from the music with these 705, the only problems is that my loft is an open space with high ceilings, therefore, the bass is not very strong. I thought I could add a Subwoofer. The issue is that my integrated amplifier doesn't provide a Subwoofer out. The only option will be to run speaker wire from the integrated into the Subwoofer's speaker level inputs, then connect the 705s to the subwoofer's out (As pictured in the diagram)

https://cloudflare.crutchfieldonline.com/ImageBank/v20160824170200/ImageHandler/scale/978/978/core/l...

However, as I've never attempted this connection, I am concerned this could degrade the audio signal, would the sound quality be affected due all these extra wiring and having the signal go through the subwoofer and then to the 705 monitors?
I've looked into the Bowers & Wilkins ASW750  but this doesn't come with sub's level inputs. I am considering the ASW300 instead. Any advice will be much appreciated.
Thanks,

Joseph

mamifero
Hi mamifero,
Looking at a picture of your amps back I see you only have speaker level outs, that certainly limits your options. I think for the best sound you should keep your speakers connected directly to the amp.

I don't know your budget but using say an REL subwoofer with good speaker level inputs and running  separate speaker cables to the sub you would probably achieve your best overall sound quality.

Good luck,
Gary
Joseph, To add proper bass to your system you need a REL subwoofer, This sub will connect right off the main amps output taps (just like your main spkrs) You dont need a Sub out! You just need the proper subwoofer. The REL uses a special cable called a SPKON connection. its very easy to setup and the great benefit of this connection is that it recieves the same signal as your main spkrs which allows it to blend much better. REL makes subs of all different price points. Find the one that fits your budget, you will love it!

Matt M
especially with a tube amplifier the preferred way to connect a subwoofer is through high level inputs-  connection to amplifier's speaker terminals in parallel with the main speakers.  it helps with the integration and can sound more seamless.  
I love my JL Audio D110 which has these connections as well as a continuous phase angle adjustment,  another key control for seamless integration.