20 Year Old Amplifiers compared to 2017

Just a random thought, but I’m curious just how well the state of the art solid-state amplifiers from 20 years ago compare to some of today’s better offerings. For example, what does a pair of Mark Levinson 33Hs or a Krell FPB 600 sound like if compared to the latest offerings from Pass Labs or Ayre Acoustics?
imgoodwithtools
i just purchased the new Rega Brio integrated and it sounds very good compared to my old Rowland Model 5 and Cohearance 2
good sound is now is comparable to amps of 30 years ago at a fraction of the price. what you get from the new Brio is sound that would cost you near 10K 30 years ago
The F6 is most definitely not typical of modern solid state amps. The transformer strongly contributes to the character of it's sound. The most "normal" of the First Watt line are the Aleph J and the F5. No transformers. No current sources. No positive feedback. Just very simple topology in single ended and push-pull. If you're looking for a tube-like sound you want a SIT 1 or SIT 2. The SITs are the only devices that resemble the gain characteristics of a triode. 
Personally I think the F5 is the pinnacle of technically proficient solid state sound in the FW line; some would say to a fault. Compared to the F6, the F5 actually has a useful damping factor, has half the noise, about 10% of the distortion, and about 10 times the bandwidth. It's greatest fault is it's unforgiving nature. The F7 is Nelson's attempt to tame the F5's brutality. I REALLY like my F5. 
Why is it that I never read anything about the conrad johnson premier 50  tube amps or the Classic se with Phono  preamps ?? I just had mine rebuilt  and upgrade the latests components?   Does anyone  out there like Conrad Johnson amp and preamps? and who do they compare with today's stuff??? I had mine since the 1980's.  Using  Vandersteen 2ce  Signature Speakers... By the way what Cable should I be using anyway??? Yea I am an old timer out of touch...lol
Amplifier technology reached maturity in the seventies, when output transformers were abandoned in solid state amps. Ever since, well designed amplifiers used within their specifications have exceeded human hearing acuity.
Agree. That's why I use 37-year-old amp and receiver. I've participated in blind tests. They caused me to ignore all subjective opinions. That's why I always say "If you didn't hear it blind, you didn't hear it."