2017 Honest Cabling that doesn’t promote bankruptcy

Looking for experiences and recs for current mid to upper mid level cabling solutions

I’m talking about ICs and Speaker cables that do not require plans for high jacking an armored car with a couple gallons of chloroform and a helicopter with a really big magnet?

Neither is it a matter of seeking out an ‘all system’ same brand and model loom, though it could be.

In Your opinion and or experience which signal cables (or mix of) have proven themselves recently to enable a revealing system to maintain or demonstrate its integrity, truth and musicality on its best level?

Or, in other words, With which current line of wires or ‘cables’ would you feel very confident using to connect your upscale stereo outfit in 2017?

New, or pre-owned?

… and why, please?
Thanks so very much. j
blindjim
I have upgraded to Cerious Technologies Graphene PC and IC's in my system and they are quite good.  For my speakers, I found a significant improvement upgrading to the Supra Ply 3.4 tinned copper wire.  For my bedroom system, vintage WE 16 ga. tinned copper wire with an oil-impregnated cloth shield has been outstanding, which is what the Supra wire mimics.  Modestly priced Silnote and Shunyata PC's and IC's offered significant SQ improvements over Blue Jeans and Morrow cabling in my systems.  
Jayctoy > I think synergistics and other cable company they have cables worth more than 45k ...

Blindjim > if they don’t yet, give ‘em another iteration or two. They will.

Inna > I think, Stealth has something like $70k cable..
There is the newest Purist power cord with built-in conditioner for $15k msrp, realistic price is significantly lower. Many who tried it swear that it is totally at a different level than any other Purist power cord. I don't want to audition it, what if they are right?

Blindjim > OMG. well… I stand corrected, and am currently without something to restart my heart with so I’ll just not look in those directions.

Fsonicsmith > Please help me. I am relatively new over here having recently given up on audioasylum

Blindjim > I doubt anyone here will hold that aginst you.

Fsonicsmith > are you joking half the time, all of the time, or none of the time?

Blindjim > Please… don’t confuse me with someone that actually matters. I’m nothing and nobody. I DO NOT wear a crash helmet or have my mane pinned to my shirt. Well, not anymore since the operation.

Neither am I an OCD poster. Actually, I’ve learned far more from people on this site and some local folks in my area which has brought me up to speed far more credibly than were I left o my own devices. So I reiterate and regurgitate those things, and my experiences and work history that might be meaningful for some one else. That is, IF I run across it. I don’t ever seek out opportunities to voice . my thoughts just to be adding on or bolstering my post counts. I don’t know it all and am glad of it. Less pressure that way.

Some like being a big fish in a little pond, or try to be a big fish in a really big pond so they might migrate from one related site to another now and then.

There are indeed really big fish in the ocean and some add their exp here occasionally. That part is great. Unquestionably. its an aide for everyone.

My legit stuff is legit, and the lampooning stuff is where one has the choice to laugh ignore it or be a jerk and post something derogatory about it.

I add in an instance for levity here and there to keep myself from sheer boredom like the ‘chair so electrons can run downhill’ noise. BTW, that was not originally mine. I stole it from another poster here who wrote it some years back. Gravity luckily has no untoward affectation on electrons. Capt. Kirk would have been very disappointed if it did.

Whitestix > Modestly priced Silnote and Shunyata PC's and IC's offered significant SQ improvements over Blue Jeans and Morrow cabling in my systems.

Blindjim > Hmmm. Thanks for the experiences with wires in your system. Esp the thoughts on BJ and Morrow.

Enter your text ...

« First
    ‹ Prev

AddThis Sharing Buttons
Share to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Pinterest
More to discover

Honest Vintage Tube Repair - SoCal
    Equipment Grading Honesty
    Most Honest Audio Magazine?
    Be honest please
    2017 Honest Cabling that doesn’t prom...

Convert?fit=crop&h=80&policy=eyjlehbpcnkioje1mdewmjgxmzksimnhbgwiolsicmvhzcisimnvbnzlcnqixx0%3d&rotate=exif&signature=a6adf96600227f55e2172f7bdb19de16029e1a5245e5921cfed91148fddae7cf&w=80
Purist Audio Design Canorus 15 amp Power Cord
Praesto Rev. 1.5 Meter.
Convert?fit=crop&h=80&policy=eyjlehbpcnkioje1mdewmjgxmzksimnhbgwiolsicmvhzcisimnvbnzlcnqixx0%3d&rotate=exif&signature=a6adf96600227f55e2172f7bdb19de16029e1a5245e5921cfed91148fddae7cf&w=80
AMAZING TESTIMONIAL! Morrow Audio MAP-1
60 Day Returns
Component of The Year Award Silnote Audio GL Reference Power Cryo
Wattgate 1m World Class Excellent Reviews
© 2017 Audiogon.com

Contact Us
    Help
    Terms of Use
    Guidelines

I think synergistics and other cable company they have cables worth more than 45k ...
Interestingly SR did have a $45K cable, the original Galileo system, but this was withdrawn and replaced by Galileo LE peaking at a mere $15K for speaker wire and this in turn by Galileo UEF at the same price

So I think you can argue that while SR could be accused of turning their lines pretty quickly they have not been continually pushing prices up, and in the market of uber high end wire they can even be termed "good value" 😉

Hi all,

Can someone tell me about the new line up of Shunyata cables?

what is that 'triton' biz all about?

Who’s the entry point, in their ICs and PCs, and who is on top now?

Do they still make something like their VX series? The ones that had all the beads inside that sounded like rain sticks when you picked them up.

Also I would like to know what model or version supplanted the Tappan Helix Alpha Power cord? Was it phased out?

Post removed