24 feet DIN to XLR phono cable for Graham Phantom?

Would the conexion be considered 'balanced'? I need a 24 feet run. And finallly, any of you have experience with a similar cable?

Thanks
jbuenech
Thats a VERY long phono Cable, why not move your phono pre next to your turntable and then run a line level balanced interconnect to your preamp instead, this would be a much preferable set-up

Good Luck

Peter
I'm not sure you can even do this. Those phono signals are extremely tiny and don't do well with long cables. Are you using this long a cable already? If you are in the Graham Phantom world then you likely will be using a LOMC which makes things even worse at less than 1 millivolt output. I even noticed sound degradation from going to a 2.5 meter phono cable with 5 millivolt output cart.
If the preamp accepts the phono signal differentially, then you stand a very good chance of making this work, especially if the cartridge is loaded at something less than 600 ohms.

This will create a low impedance balanced line, and will be quite immune to the cable length. Although the voltage output of the cartridge is quite low, the current is rather robust, else so many LOMC cartridges could not drive 100 ohms or less!

Now its my opinion that if you are placing the turntable in a particular location to minimize vibration, you should consider placing the preamp in the same location for similar reasons. The preamp *should* be able to drive long cables if its balanced (if it can't IMO you need to think about a different preamp- our preamps can drive over 100 feet with ease, like any balanced preamp should). So I would think in most cases that you would not need to run a long phono cable, but it is possible.
Atmasphere, you got it right. Main reason for this is to move the turntable away from my electrostatic speakers. I guess I will minimize vibration and also will remove the bulk of a very big turntable, acrilic case included, from between the speakers, therefore improving sound image.

My phono pre accepts XLR inputs. I do not have a pre-power combo, instead I've got a lovely integrated that cannot be splited into two :-).

My cartridge is an Ortofon A90 and the phono pre is an allnic H3000. I don't know what you mean by "if the preamp accepts the phono signal differentially". Could you please extend a little bit.

Thanks to all for your answers.
I have an Allnic H3000 and it does not have xlr inputs. It has xlr outputs. Did you have xlr inputs added as an option?

I see no reason why you could not just put the Allnic by the TT and run xlr from it to your intergrated amp.