$4000 to spend on a SS power amp - help me choose

Audiomeca Mephisto II CD Player
Emotive Audio Sira preamp
VMPS Super Tower R / SRE (ribbon tweets; ribbon mid panel)
Acoustic Zen cables everywhere

I own a Graaf GM 200 OTL as my first amp; the SS will be
a back-up or possibly drive the bass in a bi-amp situation w/
the Graaf & a VMPS active crossover.
sjhall
The BAT VK-1000, VK-600 or VK-500 for about 2200. I have seen the VK-600 for 4200 but only 2 and they sold quickly. My VK-1000 made a clear difference over my proceed AMP 5.
If your $4000 budget refers to your actual budget, and not to the MSRP of the amp, then you could consider either the Ayre (already mentioned) or a pair of Bryston 7B-ST monoblocks. These two amps have somewhat different "sounds", but both offer excellent performance and are fine values.
Thanks...I'll qualify the above by saying I prefer the warm
"tube" sound over the cooler analytical sound but want some bass slam that the Graaf doesn't deliver & therefore my most recent shortlist, based on research & talking to dealers include:
1) Spectron Musician III
2) Parasound JC-1
3) Jeff Rowland M201
4) Pass Labs X250
5) 2 Belles 150A Ref or 2 McCormack DNA 2

I run unbalanced Acoustic Zen RCA's also...don't want to invest in balanced cables unless someone can convince me it's the way to go...

The McIntosh suggestion intrigues me beacause of the autoformer technology. I am considering getting the Paul
Speltz Zero Autoformer to help the Graaf deal w/ the VMPS
4 ohm impedance. The Aragon suggestion is also intiguing because of the deals one can get...plus their design.

Ultimately...I've been led to believe I need a high current,
high power amp for the VMPS.