$500 USB cable

Someone is trying to sell some fancy (used and 2 ft long) USB cable for $497.50. I am genuinely curious since I am no expert. What does this ultra expensive USB cable do to your audio system (besides transferring digital data)?
jkbtn
Perhaps we should understand what is happening to fully understand insanity of expensive USB  cables.  In asynchronous USB, computer transfers the data in frames at about 1kHz rate.  USB DAC places the data in the buffer and responds with under/over buffer signal causing less or more data in the next frame.  This data is clocked into D/A converter with internal DAC clock that is independent of the transfer or computer.  The only thing that can remotely affect the sound is noise injected/radiated by the cable.

"mgreen27 we all know what it does as I mentioned in my first post "transferring digital data" then again in my second post. That was not an answer to my own question."

In your first post you asked a question. In your 2nd post, it looks like you had your mind made up all along. I would go over it with you, but I can't because you had my post removed.

toddverrone,
William Burroughs? LOL
...never seen him writing too much parasite phrases "i will say"

kijanki
Perhaps we should understand what is happening to fully understand insanity of expensive USB cables. In asynchronous USB, computer transfers the data in frames at about 1kHz rate. USB DAC places the data in the buffer and responds with under/over buffer signal causing less or more data in the next frame. This data is clocked into D/A converter with internal DAC clock that is independent of the transfer or computer. The only thing that can remotely affect the sound is noise injected/radiated by the cable.

as fate would have it the same arguments can be applied to digital cables, both metal conductors and fiber optic cable TOSlink. Yet, in the case of digital cables there are obvious differenes in sound quality depending on the cable type and manufacturer. Consequently I'm not ready to buy into the similar arguments for USB cable, either.