$9000 speaker Orangutan or speaker + amplifier

Hey guys,

Wanted to see if I could get your opinion on this question I am noodling over.

I really need a speaker upgrade. Of all the speakers I have heard (which are not many) I really like Devore Orangutan (Priced $8000-$12000).

I also liked Harbeth (SHL5).

Am wondering if I should get the the Harbeth (used) and buy a nice set of new amps (Coincident Dragon $6500). Which could cost me about the same as a new pair of Devore Orangutan (cannot find them used).

So my question is :
Devore Orangutan + Pass Aleph 3 (my current amp)
OR
Harbeth SHL5 + Coincident Dragon

What do you think ?

My current system.

Clearaudio Concept
Triode TRX-1 Preamp
Triode DAC
Pass Aleph 3
Pyle pro phono amp ($15)
Stager silver interconnects.
Cheapo AQ speaker cables (will move to something silver soon).
Vienna Acoustics Haydn

I mostly listen to Jazz, Indian Classical, Piano, Vocals
essrand
I agree with Mapman and I really like the Orangutans! That would be my choice.
It is your money and I like the Harbeths & I would buy used and try with your current amp. I have owned the shl5's and they sound great with most amps. Your Pass Alpha 3 would proably work fine. Have not heard the Orangutans which might be a better speaker. Hard to fault the Harbeths. If it doesn't work just sell them.
Where can you get a pair of Coincident Dragons for $6500? PM me thru Agon system if you don't want to post it here.
I like the O/96s if you have enough room for them. They need space and at least 8 ft between them and the listener. I heard them in a small room and the magic was missing.

Perhaps you can buy the speaker you truelu love and then slowly build a system around them-- at least that is what I did. The Devore's love tubes.
Swampwalker, I cannot find the Dragons for $6500, If I did.....

Mapman, your reply makes total sense.
though my dealer claims a 40W Tube amp (Quad 2) can power SHL5. I did see some virtual systems powering SHL5s with 70-80W. THough he thinks with 30W I might not get the full dynamics.

One reason I want to try the Orangutans is that I want to venture into the world of SET amps. Would the O/93 work with SET, 0/96 is 4K more $$ :|

Bob, your thoughts make sense, it might cost less for me to try the Harbeths and then if it doesnt work sell it off.

hmmm... too many choices... too little $$ :)