A brutal review of the Wilson Maxx

I enjoy reading this fellow (Richard Hardesty)

http://www.audioperfectionist.com/PDF%20files/APJ_WD_21.pdf

g_m_c
SO are you saying that all are EQUALLY colored, or do you agree that some are MUCH less colored than others? ANd what would COLORED mean, if not flat freq response, distortion and phase? Assuming you agree that some speakers are LESS colored than others (and I doubt very much you will even agree to that) should we not term the LESS colred speakers as BETTER able to reproduce the input signal, and hence as having GREATER FIDELITY?

Wow, you really are full of baloney aren't you Mr. Fremer?
YOu make it sound like all speakers are equally colored, and it's really all about subjective impressions. But then I suppose that is the mantra of most of the highend advertising copy magazines today.

Note: I am not questioning your honesty and am not saying you don't believe what you say. I am merely questioning your intelligence and perspicacity if you REALLY hold the opinions expressed in your post above, after all thes eyears of reviewing.

Long Time Stereo DIYer.

PS I will be interested to see how quickly the Wilsons are sold by you at a proce HIGHER than your "Accomodation price" on audiogon or some such forum.
first of all, no wife in history ever 'insisted' that their audiophile husband buy 'another' pair of loudspeakers. secondly, the commercial publications don't really believe that reviews are any more than a means to an end. advertising dollars 'first' and entertainment 'second' are the only two criteria that serve any real purpose. reviews of a manufacturer's products in publications (that use advertising dollars from those very manufacturers as their lifeblood) are not completely objective-ever. the day the tough questions are asked about 'real' value, and adjectives like 'so-so' appear, the advertising stops. the hi end companies and the magazines/websites are in a business climate where they need each other like they need oxygen. the only two golden rules in this hobby are "your opinion is the only one that really means anything", and the second is "rule number one still applies, even if you're an idiot who wastes your hard earned money on an ubber-expensive 'anything' that hastens this industry's demise.
Matrix, according to the Hardesty review the Zu cannot possibly reproduce the midrange properly using a 10 inch driver!! Maybe Mr. Hardesty is too hung up on theory and not using his ears enough?

Mr. Fremer, very nice response. But why go to Avery Fisher when you have an excellent orchestra in your home state in a much better-sounding hall down in Newark?
Rcprince, I agree, but again am not defending, just was giving a price comparison as to whats out there is all, so I believe the statement of Overpriced is valid thats all.