A Copernican View of the Turntable System

Once again this site rejects my long posting so I need to post it via this link to my 'Systems' page
HERE
128x128halcro
Hi Nandric,

I do not believe (as I might have mentioned once or twice) that this is the correct place to debate these matters - at least not at the expense of the accepted topics. Yet, I am curious about your (quasi-Wolffian) view that:

"logicaly, if the premise is not true than all the deductions from the premise can't be true also. (09-16-11)"

I find this fascinating because of its apparent pre-Kantian recant of the law of contradiction (which Kojeve made so much of in his assessments in "Kant" and, of course, engaging the linguistic nuances of 'contra-diction' in French)- albeit, an inverted postulation. Of course, a lot here will depend on what sense you have of the terms ‘logic’, ‘true’, ‘from’ and ‘can’t’.

With me admittedly not having the understanding of a Fregean here, I would appreciate it if you could email me off line to discuss without any further and undue intrusion on this thread. This is obviously not intended as a confrontation but a genuine hope that you can help clarify my innocence in understanding this.

As always...
Dear Halcro, I thought you started this thread and are 'involved in' as such. Ie the thread seems to be about the question 'who is right': the plinth church or the arm
pod church. There are always 'atheist' among us and you are
probable one of them. I questioned the premise only with
an hypothetical 'if' from the 'first rule' of logic: the deduced statements can only be true if the premise is also true. Well I am glad to see that J. Carr stated clearly that the premise is at least 'wrong'. BTW my arguments are not about 'words...words' but about connections between sentences or statements.

With Slavic greeting,
Hi Henry

I think Jasper being polite as he always is, is telling you to get a new wall shelf :-) One that does not sag.

You can spend those pennies then :-)

cheers

Shane
Dear Henry, Sometimes a thing is "good enough". My LP hardware is in that category. My spare time is limited, and I would rather be listening to some good jazz than fiddling with an armpod. As it is, my amplifier project seems endless, and I am always thinking of ways to improve my pre-amp. Making those slate plinths took a lot out of me, I guess. In short, I will not be making any armpods or modifying any turntables to accept an armpod in the foreseeable future.
Dear Lewm: IMHO: wrong answer: ++++ " and I am always thinking of ways to improve my pre-amp. " +++++

so you want to improve your pre-amp but you are reluctant to improve your TT/tonearm.

With all respect that makes no sense: especially that every single non-plint and stand alone tonearm pod advocate here and in other threads already shared their experiences and in no single one of those experiences exist any single word against but only full quality performance level improvements !!!!!!!

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.