about the kt 120 tube

now that tong sol has the kt 120 tube out, would it be a matter of time before other company's make it or does tong sol have rights to it for a period. once made by someone else the price should hopefully drop. would anybody know anything about this. thanks
tomtab
It's a tube made in Russia just like Sovtek and Electro Harmonics. In this case, it's branded Tung Sol. I believe the Chinese might be trying to make a copy of this tube. I don't see the price dropping very much for this tube, I'm just guessing. It uses heavier glass and is a more robust version on the 6550. It is NOT a drop in replacement for the 6550.
Wow. Egg output tubes. Who knows. The Russians never stop designing tubes so it wouldn't surprise me.
Hey Gary (Hifigeek1) -- the new egg-tube is very handsome indeed. I think it's called the KT-150. I wonder if this tube is a drop in where the KT-120 works, in particular the current ARC line-up? I'll probably be in contact with Kal this week in regard to my Ref 5 SE upgrade. I'll ask if ARC is looking into the KT-150.