About the new Wilson Audio Watt/Puppy 8

What are the differences between the Wilson Audio Watt/Puppy 7 and the new Watt/Puppy 8? And how much is the MSRP of the new Watt/Puppy 8? Thanks.
bluesky
This thread is supposed to be about Wilson. Hifimaniac is providing advice from experience with Wilson and an alternative that he has discovered. On one hand you could look at him as invasive and on the other, you could consider what he says, question his motives and perhaps even make an attempt to evaluate his advice for yourself.

I own the $2800/pair Zu Druids and I can assure you that they will embarrass Watt/Puppy 7s. I don't have any idea how the W/P 8s compare.

Hifimaniac - The failings of the website do not extend to the speakers themselves. Polk has a great website.
Steve, I have heard the MAXX II's at CES and agree the tweeter is better than MAXX 1's and they are more coherant the the first model, but compared to the Zu's they are not 30K better! Have you heard the Definitions set up properly? I think you'd be amazed. No cross overs to force the notes into, just an amazing, coherant wall of sound with incredible dynamics, musicality and an equal array of color choices to compete with Wilson's.
Hifimaniac

This is a post from a thread over on avsforum about the Zu Definition

"Hey Guys..I had the chance to personally audition the entire Zu speaker line last October in LA during a 'demo tour' they did. It took place in a medium sized hotel conference room with no acoustical treatment. The "Zu Crue" (just made that up!) were all very cool and let the attendees play whatever we wanted. They used a Rogue Zeus amp or a Nightingale Armonia integrated and fed them with either an Apple G5 or an Opera Droplet CD player. I had high hopes for these speakers, with their amazing 101db sensitivity and especially after 6moons' Srajan Ebaen had given the Druid IV's such a rave review. Unfortunately, something was very wrong with their sound. Everything sounded really congested and muffled. This was the last thing I expected but thats the way it was. They also had a extremely narrow sweet spot. I mean if you moved your head more than 1 foot to one side or the other, the highs rolled off significantly. Although I contributed a lot of the poor sound quality to the odd shaped and untreated room, the speakers narrow sweetspot was a deal breaker for me. I would still like to give Zu's speakers a second chance and look forward to hearing them again at HE'06 to finally find out if really do sound like they did in that conference room. It'll be interesting."

I thought this would have interested you.
Already read it and it is one man's opinion. You know from experience that a show setting never shows off a speaker's true worth because of the lousy rooms and set ups. Remember the Wilson Watt/Puppy 7's at CES in 2005. They sounded like $500 speakers. You know that the room there was bad. Talk to people who have bought them. Zu hasn't received many back. Now, in your room they wouldn't work; your room is too big. But a guy here in AZ dumped his Alexandria's in favor of the Zu's so they can't be all that bad.