About the new Wilson Audio Watt/Puppy 8

What are the differences between the Wilson Audio Watt/Puppy 7 and the new Watt/Puppy 8? And how much is the MSRP of the new Watt/Puppy 8? Thanks.
bluesky
I heard them. Sounded great and better than my recollection of the 7s---very well integrated drivers and not fatiguing at all. Not surprised as I love Maxx2s tweeter as well.

I did not hear them on more grandish music either---solo bass, chorals, and vocals were what demo'd in the 15 minutes i spent there. Still a very high price tag...
Tvad, I have the Wilson WP7. Do you think the ARC electronics will sound good together?

06-08-06: Hic
Tvad, I have the Wilson WP7. Do you think the ARC electronics will sound good together?
No idea. I'm not a Wilson nor ARC aficionado. However, I know the WP8 sounded excellent with the top-of-the-line ARC gear at the LA HES.
Hic,

Yes, I've heard current AR electronics with Wilson speakers and the pairing is exceptional. Wilson themselves, recommends the combination and owns many of the current ARC products.

Also, read some of Marc Mikelson's (Editor: Soundstage) recent reviews of ARC with the Wilson X2's and MAXX2's. His comments mirror my own impressions.

Regards,

Grant

The high-end is a small community. There are many good, even great speaker designs out there at all manner of price points and for all tastes. We should celebrate that we have so many choices rather than attack lines we know little to nothing about. Hearing a speaker in a showroom or at an industry show doesn't count. Reading an ad we don't like and defining a company because of it is equally short sighted.

There is no best, better for less, or for the price, or "mine's bigger than yours". The choice of a speaker, factoring room, electronics and budget is _way_ too personal and subjective for anyone to make categorical statements of value on what's best, or what sucks. The premise itself is ridiculous if you factor in all the intangibles.

In high end nowadays? Quality, value and established reputation rules. Gone are the days of over-priced, under performing products that do well and subsist on the open market--they're gone. If you make and market crap, you _will_ fail.

IMO, Wilson does not fall into the latter category, and every single market arbiter supports that assertion.

best for everyone? Noooooo.

Excellent designs, great sonics when set up well, great value based on any market, design or construction arbiter you care to review? Yes.

Simple as that, though these net forums were made for people that like to thow clandestine stones, so have at it.

JMHO.

Grant