Absolute Best DVD Player?

What is the best DVD player (Up to $4000 retail) for best sound, video, and build quality? Thank you. Rick
rick5189
Bmpnyc:

Thanks for that link. I attempted to print out this report, but it would have resulted in using a lot of paper with my printer, so instead, I have downloaded the file to a floppy disc on my "A:" drive. I will uploaded from there and read it later on. However, I am going to print out the actual reports of the Pioneer Elite DV-09 and the Pioneer DV-37 since those are the players I am primarily interested in. Again, thanks again for that link.

--Charles--
My pleasure Charles. My Pioneer DV-37 is sweet, if not the absolute best on the planet, (killer cd playback) ,w/progressive scan. Should outgun the DV-09.
NoMoney, GeeVee, I think we should clarify something. The Pioneer DV-37 is arguably in the top 2 or 3 when
it comes to video quality. It outperforms the "legendary" DV-09, and it takes a high definition projector to possibly see any difference between the DV-37 and the Sony 9000ES, and even then the difference is minimal. Some people prefer the color accuracy of the Pioneer when compared to Sony. So, the Pioneer DV-37 can be considered "top rated" and certainly far from second rate. That this is available at $500 less than the Sony is important, and the CD playback is a knockout that can compete with any new, under $1500 CD player I have heard.
O.K. the video may be around the same quality. I haven't compared the c.d. playback between the two, but I don't see a bunch of folks raving about the cd playback of the dv-37 all the time. But lets assume the cd playback is the same, you get the SACD for the other 500 bucks.
No one here is mentioning the modifified players from Dan Wright or Stan Warren, why? I was under the impression that they were great.