Absolute Best DVD Player?

What is the best DVD player (Up to $4000 retail) for best sound, video, and build quality? Thank you. Rick
rick5189
Camelot Round Table Features:

Video Stage
¨ Composite, S-Video, Component interlaced video outputs
¨ S-Video output driven by Excalibur Powered S-Video technology for pristine clarity
over cable runs up to 150 feet

¨ Physically separate video daughter board
¨ Progressive Scan Output with 720x480 resolution, featuring PureProgressive™ Digital
Video Technology by DVDO

¨ Progressive Scan outputs available via RGB, VGA or Component Y-Pr-Pb) interfaces

Audio Stage
¨ Full 24-bit/96 kHz compatibility
¨ Burr Brown PCM 1732 24-bit DAC/HDCD® Digital Filter
¨ Automatic upsampling of normal 16-bit/44 kHz CDs to 24-bit/96 kHz quality
¨ Discrete I/V Converter and post filter/buffer stage
¨ Seven independent analog section local power supply stages
¨ Massive, low-stray field power supply
¨ Fourteen total separate power supplies
¨ Independent power supply windings for display/user interface, transport mechanism,
video signal processing, and audio processing stages

¨ Ultra low jitter Coaxial and I2S digital outputs
This thread was about the absolut best DVD player. I now own both the Round Table and the Sony S9000ES. CD playback on the Round Table is incredible, automatic upsampling of normal 16-bit/44 kHz CDs to 24-bit/96 kHz quality precludes the need for a seperate upsampler such as the Perpetual Tech P1-A (appx. $900, which I also use on my Denon DCM-5000). I have not even hooked up the video portion of the S9000ES, I use it only for the SACD option.
The Round Table is unsurpassed in video performance, the picture is absolutely stunning and CD playback is as good as anything I have ever heard on regular CD's, up to the $8000 price point. Yes the software is limited for SACD, but I find myself buying types of music that I wouldn't normally listen to just because the SACD sound is so unbelieveable.
Both of these players have their strong suits and I found it impossible to choose between the two. That's why I bought both.
Hi Talmage3, it was a IkonMkII. It was a close call between the two but the Sony seemed to be a little smoother with better mids, while the Cal had a little more bottom end to it.
Treed, I would be curious to know what you think of the Camelot's picture when compared to the 9000ES. I know that the Sony can't handle difficult discs as well, but I wonder how it differs with a good quality anamorhic DVD?
As I said, I haven't even hooked up the Sony. It has been my experience that the differences between all of the top-of-the-line DVD players ( Toshiba,Pioneer,Sony,Etc.), when playing a high quality DVD are slight at best. There will be some slight differences in sharpnees and color, but the differences will be small. The big differences show up when you are playing a difficult transfer or an older film. That's when you can really tell the difference. Of course, the better your display, the bigger the difference.
So many people are happy with the video performance of the Sony, that I feel certain that 90 percent of the time it would be hard to tell the difference between the Sony and the Round Table. It's that other 10 percent that I bought the Round Table for. Even the most critical viewer could not knock the Round Table for anything! It's hard to find anything in audio or video that you can say that about. If it played SACD's the Sony would be listed on AudiogoN.