Accustic Arts

Does anybody have any experience with the new Drive 1-MK2 and the DAC 1-MK4? Your opinions please.

Thanks
docmark
Dev,
Thank you very much for the insightful posting. Now the question is - at least for me: Does not only the Oracle CD 2000 sound better than the Accustic Arts, but also his younger, and cheaper brother, the CD 1000- transport? You did not do by any chance this comparison, too?
Regards,
Florian Hassel
...and one more thing: Dev, you didn´t by any chance compare one of the Esoteric units or transports to the Oracle, or Accustic Arts? Or did somebody else? From what I have learned so far, I am now thinking about Esoteric - but then, which unit - or Oracle.
Regards,
Florian Hassel
Florian
It's been said that the '2000/'1000 are the same electrically and differ only in the suspension(according to the company). If that's true, then the acrylic plinth(granite is an option@$400...I think)and fancy towers are just for show.
I don't see how the two can sound the same when the '1000 is all Aluminum.
Hassel, I have compared the Accustic Arts Combo to Esoteric pieces and find the AA to be much more musical then the Esoteric gear. Take a look at my thread, Reference DACS: An overall perspective, for alot of details regarding the sonic differences.

Dev, it sure seems like your having alot of fun! Two questions: 1) Could you share more specific details concerning the sonics of the Oracle transport compared to the AA? 2) Would you share the rest of your system's pieces so I can have a context regarding the transports? Thanks in advance.