Affordable Processor with Fabulous 2 Channel ?

Gang,

I'm using my Mytek Brooklyn DAC as a pre for music and TV. It is fabulous sounding but I really would like to have 5.1 channel surround, and a single remote! 

Is there an affordable processor (used OK) that has at least as good 2 channel performance? Emotiva is right out. I owned one, and it sounded thin as paper. I note that there are a lot of Krell processors for sale at reasonable prices. 

Thoughts?

Erik
erik_squires
+1 aux! 

Just based on reading this thread, no one has stood up for NAD's HT processors but they have for Classe. 

I have listed to a few NAD digital products over the past couple of years with mixed experiences. I use a D 3020 in the bedroom, works great there. :) 

Best,

E
SO do you think, at this level, that this is comparable to or better than the Anthem AVM 60?
The Anthem AVM60 is a great HT processor and has exceptional ARC2 (Anthem Room Correction) and is priced at $3k new, which imo is a total bargain. And it supports and decodes those latest surround sound formats & codecs eg Dolby Atmos, DTS-X. It is excellent for HT use.
I've found myself back in this same boat recently.  My listening habits change all the time and right now, they're back at maybe 80/20 HT/records.  Earlier this year, it was 90/10 records/HT.  I used a Marantz AV7005 for several years and then decided to try an 'old' Krell HTS 7.1. It was perfect for what I needed.  Balanced outs, 5.1 analog inputs (for my Oppo Bluray player) a zone 2 for my Tascam recorder, etc.  I always ran video sources directly into the TV, so no need for HDMI inputs.  Needless to say, I donated the Marantz within a week to my father.  The Krell is substantially better on everything over the Marantz.  I don't need an EQ because I have a pretty well treated room.  The Marantz had sloppier bass, muddy highs and veiled/muffled midrange.  Anyway, now that I'm into streaming movies/shows a lot more and cut the cord on cable, I am ready to move up to Atmos/dts;X.  Otherwise I wouldn't bother upgrading.  I found the best advice which has also been mentioned in this thread - buy a 2-channel preamp with HT bypass.  My sights are on an Anthem AV60 and Rogue Audio Perseus for stereo (LPs and CDs) listening.  The X-2.5 mentioned earlier looks very temping.  I demo'd an XP-15 phono preamp and it was very impressive.