AMG V12

To those of you who have experience with the AMG V12. Would you be willing to share your experiences with me?

What were some of its most favorite traits that you enjoyed the most?

Was there anything about it that you didn't quite like?

How was it's speed stability?

What table did the V12 replace and/or what has replaced the V12?

Now that the V12's designer has passed away, are you worried about future service or parts, etc?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.
no_regrets
Okay, let's try this again.

I am interested in learning of people's experiences of the turntable "record player" called AMG VIELLA 12 or otherwise known as the AMG V12.

I can't imagine that no one has had this turntable. Maybe they are all too busy enjoying their music to have time to visit the forums?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I guess you may wish to change your moniker to "some_regrets", given the facetious responses.
Here is my take on your actual question: If the AMG tt still is being manufactured, and if the local distributor still honors the warranty, then I would not hesitate to go ahead with purchase. It is unlikely that the late designer of the table was hand-building them in the first place. Most likely, he either out-sourced the build or formed his own company to do so. Information on the viability of the latter should be available in the public domain. Moreover, it's a simple beast and unlikely ever to "break". You may in fact end up with a collector's item that will hold value better than most.
Lew
Thanks Lewm for taking the time to respond to my questions regarding the AMG turntable.

It appears as though the designer's son (who has been working by his side over the years) has taken over the business. I will contact Musical Surroundings, the US distributor, this week to see what their take on the situation is as well.

I was able to find a dealer that is an 8 hour roundtrip car ride from where I live, so will try to find the time to make the drive and give a listen to. This winter season has been a bear though with dangerously cold weather and snow/ice covered roadways. It might be awhile before I can safely make the trip.

I would still love to hear from anyone who might have some experience with this table. The reviews look positive, but I prefer hearing from my audiophile brothers and sisters if at all possible.

Thanks again
My experience is limited to listening at my dealer. My first impression left me wishing I could afford one. Although as an owner of an LP12 and the dealer is an avid LP12 guru, I would confess the fully tricked out LP12 does outperform the V12 in bass response as well as minute extraction of details, but at an additional $12k it should. My LP12 is well equipped and adjusted with a Kleos but the V12 with a Atlas still leaves a noticeable margin in improvement over mine. Not to mention I think they are just gorgeous to behold, and I really feel the 12" arm would bring some added benefit to playback, tracking etc.
A question Lewm raises that I am unaware of, is it still made? I have not heard nor read it wasn't but intend to ask the dealer when he returns. It would be a shame if it has either ceased to be produced or imported. In my opinion it is a wonderful table and it would be a shame to lose the access to this fine table.
Hi Theo,

Thank you for your reply. It's nice to meet another LP12 enthusiast! I had talked with Musical Surroundings last Friday to see if they knew if AMG would be represented at the 2014 Axpona Show in Chicago this coming April and he wasn't aware if it would be or notÂ….however, he made no mention of AMG going out of business or discontinuing distributions to the States (although I did not ask directly about this.)

I will be making another call this coming week to find out what the current status is though.

Thank you Theo for sharing your experience with me!