Amp for Dali Hellicon 400 mk2

any suggestions for powering my dali speakers...so far..have used a nad 218 and an ati 1506..neither of which made them sound overly inspirational...
dan001
I'll go by the Dali suite at RMAF to give them one more try. Maybe there was something about the room I heard them in. (That room works with lots of other speakers, but...)

Dave
Hi Dcstep, I am currently using a Gamut DI150 with Helicon 800 mk2, but have heard the Helicon 400 bass sing deeply on other amps like Gryphon, Ayre, MF KW, and even NAD M3, amongst others. They didnt seem as fussy to me as other speakers (i know some ppl disagree), but obviously clean power helps a lot. I owned them for maybe 18 months and I enjoyed them best at around 350mm from the rear wall. Choose a cable that doesnt clip or mush the bass -- that seems to be important. The bass isnt razor tight/sharp like some speakers, but I still found it to be nicely defined and richly musical, which creates some real magic when combined with the ultra transparent mid and airy top. They must be run in properly. Rgds
I tried them with Rowland, Primare and Conrad Johnson with either Cardas Golden Reference or Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Oval 8, so I don't think there was any problem there. I heard depth but no character. I don't understand how them room did this with the Dali, but not other speakers, but I'll try again. If Dali can't show them at their best, no one can.

Dave