Amp for Sonus Faber Amati Futura

Dear all,

I have recently purchased the Amati Futura, i am happy with the craftmanship with it.

The sound was a huge difference compare to my previous Marten Bird, my current amp is vitus SS101 + SL102, I found that somehow it is a little too mellow and lacking of heavy bass..

Any good suggestion of power amp? I was thinking Boulder either 1050 x 2 or 2060 to match with vitus SL102..

Please help :)
vkcc
I'v read at shows with Sonus Faber using the Futura's with the Rel gibraltar g1 sub.
From 2013 Audio Expo North America (AXPONA) - Chicago

http://positive-feedback.com/Issue66/axpona132.htm

The equipment in this room included the Sonus Faber Amati Futura Speakers, REL G1 Subwoofers, and a large collection of Audio Research gear: ARC Reference 250 monoblocks, DS 450M monoblocks, Reference CD9 CD player, Reference 5SE preamp and Reference 2SE phono preamp. The turntable was the Clearaudio Innovation Compact fitted with a Benz Micro Zebra cartridge. Wire was all Kubala-Sosna Emotion.

The Medallion Room on the main floor at the Double Tree O'Hare was one of the largest venues at the show. Despite all the odd dimensions and curtains everywhere, the acoustics did not seem to throttle the quality of music.

I must provide full disclosure. I am a huge Sonus Faber fan. I have owned all three iterations of the Amati: the original Homage, the Anniversario and now the Futura. I have also owned the Strativari Homage and the original Guarneri Homage. All have strengths and weaknesses. All are known for a rich detailed midrange. Extraordinary at all frequencies, the Futuras follow in the Sonus Faber tradition of musical performance but they also add a new level of incisive attack and inner density. They did not disappoint at this show.

This was my first listening experience with the REL G1 Subwoofers. They were stacked two per channel and behind and outside the Futuras. Having heard the Futuras with the then state of the art REL Studio III Subwoofer in my own listening room, I was very impressed with the G1. I now understand why the Studio III has been discontinued - gone but not forgotten.

Bass seemed to be tighter with more slam and improved dynamics. I was not able to do a comparison with and without at the show, but my guess is that the G1 was providing the same if not better results as the Studio III when combined with the Futuras. Sound stage and imaging were excellent and well extended. Highs and mids were as good or better than I have ever heard with the Futuras. If integrated properly, subwoofers can make a significant impact on the entire frequency spectrum.
Great overall detail , liquid ,great bottom end using the wyetech sapphire monoblockS , or the ultimate either the wyetech ruby 300b or the wyetech ruby 211 ,i have the 211 driving the sonus faber guarneri
Amati is a difficult speaker to drive. I only heard them good a few times. You need power and lots of ampères. Boulder is for drive and speed a good option. To be unnest in sound realims they are not the best. Also in 3d imaging there are better options. I would think about the Pass Labs X-600.5. It has everything your speaker needs. Power, ampères, stunning deep and wide stage and a very musical sound to die for.
One of the finest amps for Sonus Fabar is the Audio Analogue Maesrto Setantta rev2.

Totallywired.co.nz has a great explanation why.

Audio Waves sells them here in the states. It is a gorgeous sounding (and looking) amp with all the grunt and finesse needed for the SF's. I own one and use it with my DeCapo-BE's with incredible synergy. It is great Italian amplifier and will work well with great Italian speakers. Break out a jar of Ragu and some linguini and let your SF's join you with a cabinet full of good watts. burp.
I sold Audio Analogue for many years. And they make very nice sounding amps. Very musical mids, which work great with Sonus Faber. And it also can give a good deep and wide stage as well.