Amphion Xenon vs Usher 6381

Looking to upgrade and I'd here your thoughts on these speakers. Both have gotten great press. Thanks in advance.
jamesl
I have a pair of Xenon's for sale, so take my opinion with a grain if salt.

The Xenons have very little personality of their own. Their strengths are that they are very room friendly, detailed, have great base, and get the leading edges of notes correct. On the down side, they are not the best at reproducing subtle tonal color and their soundstage depth is only average for the price range.

I have enjoyed the Xenons, but ended up replacing them with more expensive Sonus Fabers.

Hope this helps,

Briang
Incredible that the Usher sales rep once again favors his own product in a totally unbias comparison. Unless he has heard both speakers in the same room with the same electronics, I submit the recommendation is not only biased but flawed and useless.
All of course IMO.

PS the sales schtick is getting old.
I agree it is impossible to judge speakers unless it is in the same room with the same electronics. I'm selling a system just for that reason.

I will be auditioning both speakers and seeing if I can get a 30 day home audition with both speakers and Bel Canto Pre & Power Amps.

The point of this thread is to here what people think about these 2 different speakers. Pros and cons of metal drivers vs paper, dynamics, soundstage, resolution, etc. Thanks in advance.

James
I have got Xenons and know Usher.

I have occasion to listen to my Xenons with Bel Canto Evo4 power amp and the sound was lean. Although I am big fun of Amphion I recommend Usher speakers.

But remember Usher needs lots of space.
I own the Xenons. Although they sound very good, they do not sound as good as they did at the dealer. However I have not spent a lot of time and energy doing anything with the room. Are you guys keeping the foam in the ports?