An all Parasound system - Good idea?

My brother- in- law visited last weekend and heard my 2 channel system for the first time.  Slightly ocd, he spent much time online and emailed me last night to say he was going to put his own system together and was planning to buy all of his components from Parasound, in part because he thinks a single brand will optimze performance and compatability, and because he is enamored by the John Curl connection. To that end, he plans to buy  a JC2 Preamp, A21 Amp and JC3+ phono amp.

I have told him focus on  speakers first, then source components. That notwithstanding, is the "All Parasound " a good idea to avoid the possibility of components not playing nice together or should he not focus on brand loyalty and shop for "best in class" components instead?

sjtm
I have told him focus on speakers first, then source components.
Focusing on speakers first and then finding an amp to properly drive them is a generally sound advice but in this case, an A21 will pretty much drive any speaker he is likely to fall in love with. He’ll be fine.

The JC2 preamp and JC3 phono stage will handle any source he will be looking at after the fact.

That notwithstanding, is the "All Parasound " a good idea to avoid the possibility of components not playing nice together or should he not focus on brand loyalty and shop for "best in class" components instead?
Sure, why not. He is guaranteed that the components will be properly matched to one another both sonically and aesthetically.

Sound like it will be an awesome system. Give him a thumbs up and enjoy his system when you go to his place.
I am a Parasound fan, so I think that's a pretty good combo. The smaller A23 also sounds really nice and warm.

I can't think of any amps in the price range which are better.

Best,

Erik
Those three pieces are very, very good. If later he moves up to the mono JC1 amps, he will have a truly stellar hi-fi system base.
If it makes him happy, then it is a good idea.
One could do a whole lot worse than John Curl's Parasound designs.
Let him enjoy his system.