Another "help me pick speakers" thread

(sorry long post)
Yes, I know these threads are all over the place, but here’s what I’m looking for…
Looking for a small footprint (12 X 8 would pretty much be the max) floorstander, which costs up to $2K used. I much prefer used, because I hate breaking-in speakers, plus, they are generally easier to sell. My amp is a Rogue Audio Tempest 2 (Integrated tube 90 wpc, both 8ohm & 4ohm)- I love it, and have no intention of selling it. I was using Tyler Acoustics monitors and subs (then, a single sub when I moved to a smaller apt), and I just didn’t have the floor space for the sub and anywhere to put monitors. However, I really liked the sound- no complaints (had I not moved, I would have kept that setup). So, now I have the OHM Microwalsh SE (the SE model supposedly goes an octave lower than the older “Tall” model). They are broken-in, and sound great, except the bass. I’m missing the bass-drum kick and the snare-drum thump with these. A sub might help, but I have nowhere to put one (plus, I’m trying to simplify things). I listen to rock- only (and I’m 95% vinyl)… stuff like early Sabbath (the first 4 albums). A few problems… my apt has little room to maneuver speakers- they will have to be very close to the side walls (I sit on the back wall, about 2 feet behind the speakers, and about 5 or 6 feet from each). The WAF is not an issue- she doesn’t care what they look or sound like- but the size IS an issue. When I said 12 X 8 would be the max footprint… I will have to turn them sideways against the wall when I’m not using them- so we can walk by (yeah, I live in NYC). Smaller would be better, but I do need them to move some air. I’ve only ruled out B&W’s (never heard a pair I liked) and Gallo Ref 3 (don’t think my amp could drive them, plus, I don’t want to buy a sub amp- I just sold mine). As for those who say “go demo some and let your ears decide”… I only think in-store demos are good for 1 thing, and that’s comparing one speaker to another. It’s rare to find a store that has 2 different models that I’m even considering. In Living Stereo probably has the coolest employees in the NYC hi-fi shops… most others are clueless, or just trying to make a sale (like, they don’t even ask what amp you are using!) So, here’s what I am considering, please feel free to add to the list (this is compiled purely from reading- I have not heard any of these):

Proac Studio 140 (probably my first choice)
Joseph Audio RM25si
Totem Hawk (worried about placement near wall)
Totem Forest (again, placement)
Rega R5 (might be a little too big, plus not many used ones show up)
Zu Druid (never heard this type of speaker… this one’s a wild card choice)
Quad 22L2 (these are so cheap, it makes me wonder)
ron325
The 16" depth on the Von Schweikert VR-2 will be a problem. When I listen, I'll have to turn them so they are at a 45 degree angle (roughly) from the side wall. Speakers that deep won't fit (they'll hit a piece of furniture, which I can't move). Well, they might fit, but it would be too close for comfort.
Vandersteen Model 1C looks to be a bit big, but I guess they are a possibility. All their other current models are too big (except the VSM, which looks like a monitor). I don't know much about them- for some reason, they were always off my radar.
I owned some NHT monitors years ago... they were ok. But the 2.9's are way too deep (21 inches?)
All things considered equal, I prefer going with a small brand, as opposed to a big name.
Thanks for the ideas so far.
VAndy's are nice but also rumored to sound best with higher power SS amps. I see their impedance goes down to 2 ohm? Yikes!
I forgot about the Vr-2 dimensions....yes, way too big.

One small floorstander that I can think of (and actually owned) with incredibly good bass (38Hz) is the Monitor Audio RS6. Those are really good value speakers, with less than 10" in depth (250mm). And they do really well with tubes. I had them driven by a Jolida 302BRC with excellent results. They are 91db, 6 Ohm. With the electronics you already have, these beauties will sparkle and definitely fill up the room with deep bass. I sold them a few months ago because I moved to a tiny apartment. I like the RS line so much that I bought the RS1 and I absolutely love them (driven by a smooth sounding Virtue Audio 2). Give them an audition if you can. I don't think they'll disappoint you.
Don't let the price fool you. The RS6 perform better than speakers costing a lot more.
This is just my opinion.
Cheers
Luciano
Well, this may be a record for the time between starting a thread like this, and making a decision.
I saw a used pair of Tyler Acoustics Linbrook System II's pop up, and contacted Ty. They were 2 inches wider than I wanted (footprint = 10 X 12), but the specs are great, and those drivers should sound killer. Seeing as how I've already owned some of his speakers and loved how they sounded (and the build quality), and he made me a sweet deal, I had to go for it. I don't feel these will be lacking in the 'kick & punch' dept at all based on what I've read about the Linbrook system 2's, and based on what I know about Tyler's from experience, I think this will do the job.
Thanks to those who offered their advice. (I really didn't expect this to be done this quickly.)