any advice appreciated

Hello all. I've learned a lot from this forum. This is my first post, but I've been reading for a while. I'm about to set up my first real stereo system and I'd like your advice on the direction I'm going.

I have a budget of about $1700 for startup. I want a 2.0 system. I listen to listen to blues, rock, folk, motown, and some jazz. My living room is approx 25'x35' with 13' ceilings. I listen at moderate levels.

I'm about to pull the trigger and buy:

1. A used pair of Vienna Acoustic Mozart speakers ($1200)
2. A barely used NAD C 325 BEE amp. ($325)
3. A CD player yet to be determined. ($200)

My preferences tend to be toward warm rich tones. Anybody think I'm on the wrong path here? I'm in an area of the country that prohibits me from driving to my local retailer for a demo.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.
drew151
check out the may audio website. they're selling out of castle speakers below cost. for about 1k you can get harlechs which are many times better than the mozart. the nad and any front end will make bigtime beautiful music
With that size room, go for big electrostatics, Logan, Soundlab or even older acoutstats.
Drew,

I think you are on the right track with most of the budget into the speakers you like. You may find 50 watts of power is a bit light given you have a large room, however, that can be left for a future upgrade...
Agree with above post.You are on the right track.As time goes on and money permits you can pressurize that space a bit more.Those components are fine,good luck,Bob
At your stated budget, the NAD is a good choice. You might consider spending a little more on the CD player and a little less on the speakers. A $200 CD player will not get you very near to what the NAD and a $1200 speaker can do. There are no makeup calls on the musical signal once it leaves the source. Good listening!