Any one else has a problem re: shipping damage

I recently shipped some power cords and audiophile brass cones from the US to Singapore with UPS. Unfortunately, the cones were severely damaged (tips of 4 out of 6 were smashed, 2 of them very badly) in transit. Even more ridiculously, a power cord had its AC pins bent ! and of course it no longer worked.

The shipment was of course I reported the damage to UPS in Singapore and my counterpart (exporter) reported it to the UPS office in US. UPS is now using the excuse that I have thrown the external packaging away and refused to investigate. I have thrown the external box away because there was no apparent damage. I only discovered the damage when I opened the internal packing the next day.

Does any one have a similar or related experience and perhaps an idea of what would be the best way to resolve this affair.

Thanks,

Tom
gilas
Thanks, Motdathird.

Done that in Singapore up til supervisor level. Then US exporter took up a claim but he did not get past supervisor. Looks I need to recommence ops in Singapore.
I no longer use Fed Ex for valuable shipments.They have a book of claims exclusions which myself and most people are unaware of.I was about to ship a $2500 guitar and luckily the counter person whipped out the book.If its 25 years or older they have a few hundred dollar maximum liability.Antiques are similarly excluded.Electronics are all valued by Orion Bluebook!!!!!
Im convinced Orion is only used by Pawnshops to screw people into taking less money.
Anything really big and valuable is going by land or air freight or packaged gorrilla proof and UPSed.
I do not understand how such damage could have been done to cables with the outer box being undamaged. Were I UPS, I would conclude that they were damaged before shipment.
I cant figure out how the box wasnt damaged either, maybe it was re-packaged in a new outer box?????????