Anyone have/ordered the Job 225?

There's almost no consumer impressions of this amp on the internet... but the 6moons review is intriguing.
girlsgeneration
Yes George, that's precisely what I meant about the "not liking each other"comment. Too much gain.

Yes grannyring your output impedance of your pre at up to 1kohm, (which by the way is not far off a 10kohm passive for drivability) should be fine for any poweramp with say 33kohm or higher input impedance.

But you probably have gain in it also, it would be nice if you could configure it to have unity gain, if it stays stable, some opamps can be used as output buffers and are unity gain stable as well as being very low output impedance like 10-20ohms. eg OPA627.

Cheers George  

Joeinid

Did you fancy the EAR 890?

Hi Glory,

Yes, I did. It's a great tube amp. When I bought mine there was a pinched wire that would cut out one channel. Once I got that straightened out, sound was warm (but not too warm) and wonderful, sweet and airy. A friend had to have it so I sold it to him. With the right speaker load (not to tough), it was a wonderful performer. I even had the 868 (?) preamp and that was a nice piece too.
But is as good as the Positive Feedback Leavy guy says it is? Got one coming on Monday. Running 96db speakers