Anyone heard the Onkyo sp 1000 yet?

I am looking for a universal player to match my Von Schweikert vr4 jr's and Cary cinema 5 amp. I am using a complete Von Schweikert system with 2 subs. I heard the onkyo was excellent. Any opinions or other suggestions?
rotabel
Kman0911,
I beleive the review comparison said the Merdian did have the edge for audio which is fairly easy to believe, but evidently they felt the Onkyo was so much better for video, they called it even overall.

Anyway, the latest DVD Ect just gave the SP1000 its seventh rave review giving it 98 out of 100.
Make that eight glowing reviews as Home Theater Choice has also seen the light in there new issue.
Somethings in life are dependable day in and day out.
For example:
The sun rises and sets, the earth revolves around the sun, the seasons change, its cold at the south pole, hot at the equator, we grow older, and EARS is blowing about some glowing review of the Onkyo DV-SP1000 on Audiogon!!!
Has the well documented A/V sync issue been resolved? I had the DV-SP1000 for about 1 week. My Theta DaViD II was noticeably better on audio, whereas the Onkyo clearly excelled in video. I bought the Onkyo for video, not audio, so it did not matter to me that the Onkyo was inferior on audio. However, sync was horrible. While my pre-pro allows for up to 110 milliseconds of delay, I needed considerably more. As such, I returned the unit. Unless and until the sync issue is resolved, this unit is a nonstarter. With the sync problem, it was like watching an old Godzilla movie in high definition - video was beautiful, but audio was absolutely horrible.
Rmaidenburg,
You are the very first person on any audio based board to ever mention having lip sync issues on an SP1000.

You are also the very first person that EVER said the audio was anything but great...so this should tell everyone that you probably have never even heard or seen a SP1000.

Audio Girl, maybe when you grow up, you can change your name to audio Lady, until then, your name fits well newbie.