Anyone heard the Von Schweikert Unifield 3?

Anyone heard the Unifield 3 in their home system? At a dealer? I would like to hear some comments.

Blessings, Bob
inhisservice
I've owned a pair of Unifield 3's for six weeks now and couldn't be happier. My previous speakers were Von Schweikert VR-4 genII w/VR-5 upgrade. I have a big room and the Unifields, although much smaller than the VR-4, fill that space just as effectively and produce even better bass. This is surprising, given that the VR-4's have twin 8.5" woofers and the Unifield contains only one 7" woofer. But the Unifield 3's smaller driver has amazing speed, detail and impact.

To my ears, I would characterize the Unifield 3 as being very well balanced, exquisitely detailed (without sounding analytical) and eminently coherent, producing a holographic soundstage. As a comparison in its price range, I've heard the Wilson Sophia 2 with VTL amps and other high quality components and was impressed by its imaging. However, the Unifield 3 is more satisfying to my ears, due to what I perceive as being more nuanced, possessing better detail retrieval and an overall ability to convey a much more convincing portrait of the musical event.

Hope this helps.

Steve

BTW, my system details are up on the audio asylum, member Steve Siener.
I completely concur with Steve's opinions. I too have had the speakers for about 1.5 months now, and they continue to sound better everyday. They have the coherence of the best electrostats with incredible dynamic snap and finesse. I cannot believe the bass I hear from such small sized speakers. The midrange is warm and spot on, and the treble is smooth and extended without sounding strained or grainy.

I am discovering new elements in recordings that I had never heard before. The soundstage is so holographic and the imaging so focused that I am rediscovering all of my extensive CD collection and it has been a great experience.

One word that sums up the speaker is "Live". With absolutely great transparency, accuracy and detail of these speakers, they sound as close to a real live performance as any I have ever heard. Whether it is a piano or a violin, the accuracy of tone is impressive.

I'll write more as and when I discover new things but as of today, after auditioning high end speakers from the likes of Wilson, Pioneer, Usher and the Revels, I must say that the Unifield 3 is worth at least 3 times its asking price and is an absolute bargain.

- Arun
"I must say that the Unifield 3 is worth at least 3 times its asking price and is an absolute bargain." Really? $45K ?