Anyone use a Ringmat on a TT

No mat? felt? Ringmat? I know you guys who are into vinyl can give me the pro's and con's. ( I have a Music Mall MMF-7...before you ask me what TT I have...LOL!)
mlbattey
My AR is the ES-1. By stock, the Linn has had all the factury additions, so what do you have in mind there? Just remove the new Ringmat and use the old one? As for floor-borne, this house has none that get through the stand. I can jump up and down. But I can switch the tables and check for the air-borne. I was getting something on the Linn with the old Ringmat on certain passages when really loud. I have never had the AR in this system.
I had the Aniversary Ringmat on my P25 and liked the results. Improved definition and bass. I did not like it on my Spacedeck.
Would anyone recommend a Ringmat or a felt mat for an acrylic platter eg Clearaudio Emotion ?
Many thanks
Aceto: I was just asking questions about the differences between the AR and the Linn. I did not know if your LP-12 was a relatively "bare bones" stock model or a heavily updated model. I would have been curious to see how those two tables in base form compared to each other. Sean
>
Sean wrote "no fancy packaging"
Sean-The packaging costs more to make than the ringmat!..You should see it! Thick,high gloss paper folder with sleeves.Vibrant colors,cool designs on it.Lots of inserts and included in one folder,the Ringmat!
I bought one several years ago,so maybe they have cut costs these days and just give you a generic folder,dont know.
I used it on my P-25 but I did not hear an improvment over felt.
Before I sent it back to Audio Advisor,I went to a hobby shop.I bought thick paper just like the ringmat,a sheet of cork the same thickness as the ringmat cork and a hobby knife.
3 hours later I had a diy ringmat that looked almost exactly the same as the big guy.
I tried my diy ringmat on my P-25 and got a noticable improvement in bass.Go figure.
Total cost <$5 but no fancy folder for it.