ARC LS22 to CJ 16ls significant upgrade?

I'm contemplating this change. Any thoughts on whethor a preamp change from my LS22 to a CJ16ls would be a significant change. Significant, not just a minor difference, but a significant clearly noticiable improvement in overall musicality, dynamics, transparency, detail, soundstaging, etc.
There is no chance for me to audition, none.

I figure I can sell the LS22 for about $1500 or so, and buy the LS16 about 4,000 or so, used. That is the budget.

I had considered the Hovland, Wyetech (too much, over 5K used and never show up), older Thor, older MP1, and others. Tubes only.

I have not heard CJ gear, but from the descritpion of the classic CJ sound, it fits my tastes. I understand the Art, and 16LS are much more neutral than the classic CJ sound, but retain some of those charactoristics. Great. I cannot listen to anything that is remotley forward, or harsh. If the CJ sound is coloured, I would rather listen to that. Perhaps that is why I love my koetsu.

My system

Linn LP12 Graham 2.2 Koetsu, Linto
No name CD 5disc player (don't care to upgrade this)
2 Classe DR9s
Apogee Divas and Dueta Sigs with Dax electronic biamping.

Any reponse is appreciated.

Tom
tomb11
I never ask a Chevy owner about a Mercedes but I will ask
a Mercedes owner.Will every Mercedes owner have something
good to say (No).I like the Conrad Johnson Premier 16 LS 2
Does it sound colour,I don`t know.How do the rest of the system sound. (Natural and etc.)
Maybe the most significant upgrade for you would be a new cd player. There's lot of very good, under $1000, players. Your system will never be showing it's full capabilities(or close to it) with you CDP. Maybe you should care a little bit about it.