Atma-Sphere MA2 Mk2.3 / Krell KSA 250 / Passlabs?

Good Evening Fellow Audio Heads!

I'm upgrading my amps (will be a big step up from my NAD S200) which I still love dearly.

The amps that I have the choice to purchase second hand are:

Atma-Sphere MA2 Mk2.3 - AUD $9000
Pass Labs X250.5 = AUD $6995
Krell KSA 250 = AUD $3000

Now the Krell and Atma-Sphere are class A. The Pass labs A/B. Front End will be a Atma-Sphere MP1 Mk3. Speakers are the unfriendly Dynaudio Confidence 5 (no intention of changing these lovely speakers)

Can you please advise your thoughts on what amp would sound best in this situation. Music Reggae / soul / female vocals. What amp listed is the best value? I would say either the Atma-Sphere or the Krell. I have only heard the Pass-Labs in person and that sounded nice and smooth. I like detail in my music.

Many thanks for all your help as it's impossible to do A/B comparisons.

Cheers
Che
che13
The MA-2's for sure from what you've listed. I had a pair of MA-2's driving Soundlab A-1's for many happy years of listening and the Soundlabs are one of the hardest loads out there. Good luck! By the way the MP-1 with the MA-2's is a hard combo to beat at any price.
It would be nice to run the two Atmas pieces together if the tube amp could handle the load on the Dyns, but I do not see how that would work. Assuming this, you'll need a SS amp, either the Krell or Pass, not sure which would be better though.
I own the MA-2s and have owned Krells (KMA 160s) and have heard the KSA 250s: the AS MA-2s are, in my opinion in a different league. Furthermore, they easily drive my SP Tech Revelations, 4 ohm impedance, without any difficulty. I would grab the Atma-Spheres with both hands. You wont be sorry.
10-07-08: Springbok10
...they easily drive my SP Tech Revelations, 4 ohm impedance.

The pertinent (missing) information here is the impedance curve. Nominal impedance doesn't tell the complete story. Perhaps the Revelations have a flat impedance curve that does not vary substantially from the 4 ohm nominal specification.

It'd be hugely beneficial if manufacturers gave impedance curve specifications rather than only the nominal impedance spec. IMO, nominal impedance can be misleading and does not apply to speakers across the board.

I'm not questioning Springbok10's experience with his speakers and the Atma amps, but I'm using his speakers as an example to illustrate the point.
FWIW the MA-2s can handle a load like this easily. Customers have reported excellent results. Being a much larger amplifier than the M-60s they are not nearly so sensitive to load and there is a much longer list of speakers that they will play with ease.