Audio Desk Vinyl Cleaning System

Can anyone comment on the Audio Desk Vinyl Cleaner?
I just came across this today on the web when I did a search on ultrasonic vinyl cleaner. I am looking for a quiet record cleaning machine. I have a nitty Gritty machine but it is too noisy.
almandog
Hi! Vinylfriend, the serial number is at the bottom of the machine written with a marker pen. And if you still got the packing box it's marked on the 2nd box.Mine was a early S/No.4X a friend of mine sold me an later model S/No.4XX which he bought in December 2010.For he was pissed of with the service he had with the manufacture in Germany.Now I am waiting to get an RA# number and I had call Germany many times answering machine and e-mail to Reiner no responces. I could not fix this one S/No:4X as the drive motor which turns the record ceased and blew up the IC power module and part of the PCB.I have written to a US distrubutor and I am waiting for him to send me Return Authorization and he is contacting Germany.To date 4 days ago have not recived any thing yet.My friend who sold me his faulty machine had it repaired in Germany with a turn around of 4 months to get it back.And after he got it back not long it broke down. The following issue on the Audio Desk RCM:Water will not fill the tank area.Record will not spin due to rollers.Record will not spin due to motor drive mechanics jammed.The most common is record would not spin due to rollers.And on the earlier model S/No. if you put a 200gm record its hard on the rollers thus the rollers came a part.Also there is no heat sink on the IC module amplifiers on earlier model. If you have the latest model there are mod which was done by the factory which I had advise the manufacture after I had fix my earlier faults with the machine.
How many of you guy had faults with the system care to share the problems.Any one
Jtsamarinda, as I said before I loved the machine and it did a great cleaning job, without my involvement, but it stopped rotating the records. I returned it with regret. It is complicated, so I would have expected bugs, but it sounds like it is still being perfected.
Yes, As mention it is the best machine for cleaning vinyl records. I had a VPI17F, Loricraft and Keith Monk( Also with bad after sale service from UK the guy does not answer any email only phone calls if he is around) out of the window went the Keith Monks.The machine will not be perfected unless it users better design or less complex electronics. I think after spending $3000 you would like the machine would be a breeze with good after sales service.It looks like I have to do to fix the bugs in the machine.Yesterday made mods to the second machine so be more reliable. And still waiting for the RA# number from US distrubutor.
Tgb I thing you did the right thing by sending it back. As a consumer you need better than that for service instead of most of it's 2 year warrenty up and down the workshop.
Jtsamarinda, it is not funny what you experienced. Although I have a better history with my unit I do believe you. 4 month waiting period is "no service at all".

As you are a little troubled with this very sophisticated German product you may try another new star at the sky - the LR1. LR means "lautlos rein", translated in EnglĂ­sh: "silently clean". you find this machine which I have no experience with under: www.lautlos-rein.de

good luck
Does the world really need another piece of audio jewelry disguised as a record cleaner? Where should I put it - next to my Porsche design stainless steel and lucite hand mop?

This looks like an interesting way to clean records. But, based only on my cursory look at their web site, I question whether this system will clean very dirty (aka typical garage sale) records very well. I doubt that the microfibre pad (called a cleaning tape) will clean all the way to the bottom of the grooves. This might be a great system for keeping new and pristine records in top shape for playing, but not for this boy at the prices listed.