Audio Horizons TP 2.0 Preamplifier

Anyone famaliar with the manufacturer,and in particular
this pre amp.The credentials and testimonials seem
impressive.The advertised 10 day audition is appealing.
markwatkiss
Sherods comments on the Clarity Cap MR are interesting. I've always felt that the Hovland could be improved upon, but don't have the stomach to be the pioneer. Thanks, Sherod for continuously taking the plunge. Interstingly, the "mystery caps" in the 2.1 have a copper cover on them so they are difficult to identify; however, the exposed ends seem to resemble the Clarity Cap APW. Just a coincidence I suppose.

Sang
Only Joseph, and perhaps Victor, knows what the new cap in the 2.1 is. He is keeping it proprietary. The copper foil around the new cap is not there to hide anything about the cap. It is there as a shield to block out EMI/RFI. I doubt if the cap is from Claritycap, especially the APW, as it is an inexpensive cap and Victor once mentioned that their new caps in the TP 2.1 cost them around $80.00. The Hovland is a musical cap, but it does have its limitations, hence, Joseph's change to the new cap in the 2.1. Joseph will be soon evaluating the new Claritycap MR series and I'm looking forward to his impressions.
One of the things I would like to remind all Audio Horizons product owners( and to all audiophiles in general) is to periodically clean all your cable connections. Depending on where you live regarding differing conditions of humidity, unless you use all gold-plated contacts or have your contacts covered with a specially formulated contact paste,i.e. Xtreme Quicksilver Gold, etc. I found a wonderful cleaner called Kontak. This product cleans off all oxidation with a couple of swabbings and dries instantly leaving no residue, and just as importantly, leaves no sonic signature like some cleaners I've tried. Once all your connections are properly cleaned and re-inserted, the overall sound opens up very nicely. This inexpensive tweak of contact cleaning is sometimes forgotten in the scheme of things as we look at other ways of improving our system. Have a great weekend, everyone, and hopefully this thread will continue with periodic posts of information from past, current, and future owners of the AH TP preamps. I have about 300 hours on my new Claritycap MR caps and will post a report soon.