Audio Research LS 25 MkII compared to actual AR production ?

Hi all,
I love the Audio Research LS25 MKII in my system, but I need to improve it in the bass area, I wish it deeper and better controlled with a new preamp. But, in the same time, I’m afraid to loose its mids and highs that are magic in my setup.
My question is: in the actual AR catalog, or the most recent one, is there a preamp that can be considered the natual successor of LS 25 MKII ?
Thanks in advance for your comments. Now I’m driving the Sophias 3 by a Spectral DMA 200S2.
Max
maz65
Maybe look for a Ref 3 if you want to stay with ARC. I had a LS25 MKII for a week in my system on loan and it didn't do it for me. I preferred my former ModWright SWL 9.0 SE over it. Ended up with a ModWright LS36.5 which is a big step up over the LS25 MKII, at least in my system. In my system I felt the LS25 MKII was a little lean in the bass as well, not horrible but it didn't pull me into the music like the ModWright preamps do. Good luck.

I had an LS25 mk2 for many years and finally upgraded to a Ref 5se. This was a huge jump and improved on every aspect of the LS25 mk2 in a big way. I have tried a lot of ARC preamps over the years but the Ref 5se convinced me I needed to upgrade.

What power cord are you using? Shunyata (not Venom) or Sane work really well with ARC. You will be amazed at the difference it makes. I went from Kabala to Shunyata  and the bass improved while the system became far more focused.