Ayon Audio Forum- all questions and suggestion

Since there has been quite a bit of questions of upgrades and speaker synergy and tubes, some of us Ayon Owners decided to start a little thread.

Questions of how,what,when and have are all welcome

Have Fun and Be Positve !
sionlim
I received news from Ayon that they are about to start delivering CD-5s units with a new 24/192 USB board. The price of these updated players will go up modestly which is to be expected. At this stage, Ayon are still working on upgrade kits for existing CD-5/5s owners, though I am told existing owners will be notified when the upgrade kits become available. The cynical part of me questions why the CD-5s was released sans the new board? Hopefully we can shed some light on this.
They should upgrade all the current models for free and send everyone who owns them the board for upgrades.
Because they are not CHeap to own and we dont need another MArtin logan
The CD5s already has a 24/96 asynchronous USB board. Do you think that the 192 will be that different? I personally am planing to use the S/PDIF which is 24/192, because I still am still hearing squirrelly things about USB. Do you know if they will upgrade the board for free for customers that have purchased within the past year?
Gammajo, I discussed this with Gerhard Hirt & he made no mention of any offer from Ayon to offer recent buyers free upgrades. Apparently an upgrade kit is still not available for previous spec units, but will cost.
MG
To be fair to Ayon, Gerhard explained to me when they released the CD-5s around 1 year ago they did not yet have the 24/192 board ready at that time. In fact it needed a further year of development of their own Windows 7 software for the USB driver. Fwiw I agree with Gerhard's own personal view that USB is not an optimal connection for an audio signal, but of course most current owners will likely want to keep up to date. The CD-5s at it's price point still remains probably the best analogue sounding rbcd player in the world