Ayon Audio Forum- all questions and suggestion

Since there has been quite a bit of questions of upgrades and speaker synergy and tubes, some of us Ayon Owners decided to start a little thread.

Questions of how,what,when and have are all welcome

Have Fun and Be Positve !
sionlim
Ok, just in case anybody would be interested , here's the final results. It turned out to be VAC phi 200 power amp that caused all noise problems. Why - not entirely clear. Input impedance of VAC is 100 k, theoretically good match for Ayon.
Even more to this story, my Aesthetix Janus preamp ( which I thought was prone a bit to tube rush noise) turned out to be dead silent with... Yes, different power amp. Cary CAD 120 mark II. Tech specs almost the same.. Same input impedance. Same KT88, 6SN7 based power amp. But somehow Cary is absolutely quiet and VAC is not.
Hi Argo1,I was going to say it is the tubes that need to be changed,one can put alot of hours on a player in that time of two years!If you love music!,I would look at the tubes in the vac phi 200 power amp,change them to new and see what happens,happy listing!
how would compare the Ayon Triton III and the octave V110 for performance and value?
I have the CD-5 absolutey love it- what tubes do you guys recommend upgrading to thanks- also what change will i hear by doing that-
@Fluffers, Regarding tubes, imho the mil-spec Reflektor 6H30P-DR tubes manufactured before 1991 are the best made & sounding variant of the 6H30 triode. They were designed and built for sensitive Soviet space & military applications, so they were built to much tighter tolerances & have roughly double the life of standard 6h30's. The DR's sound more dynamic, clear, and have better top and bottom extension. They are a little less 'tubey' than the EB's, so if you prefer a warmer sounding tube I would alternatively recommend cryo-treated Electro Harmonix 6h30pi gold pins from these guys - http://www.cryoset.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=327&osCsid=55a74bb6af3690e43bb526df35f00cb9