Ayon Audio Forum- all questions and suggestion

Since there has been quite a bit of questions of upgrades and speaker synergy and tubes, some of us Ayon Owners decided to start a little thread.

Questions of how,what,when and have are all welcome

Have Fun and Be Positve !
sionlim
how would compare the Ayon Triton III and the octave V110 for performance and value?
I have the CD-5 absolutey love it- what tubes do you guys recommend upgrading to thanks- also what change will i hear by doing that-
@Fluffers, Regarding tubes, imho the mil-spec Reflektor 6H30P-DR tubes manufactured before 1991 are the best made & sounding variant of the 6H30 triode. They were designed and built for sensitive Soviet space & military applications, so they were built to much tighter tolerances & have roughly double the life of standard 6h30's. The DR's sound more dynamic, clear, and have better top and bottom extension. They are a little less 'tubey' than the EB's, so if you prefer a warmer sounding tube I would alternatively recommend cryo-treated Electro Harmonix 6h30pi gold pins from these guys - http://www.cryoset.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=327&osCsid=55a74bb6af3690e43bb526df35f00cb9
Hi fluffers,The nos 6h30p-dr russian tubes are well worth the money,get pre-1987 really exspensive,the parts connection,transparency,huge sound stage,layered front to back,etc... a huge up-grade over your stock tubes!cheers!
Fluffers. I totally agree with melbguy1 and audiolabyrinth. I am running the Reflektor 6H30P-Dr tubes from 1980 from USA Tube Audio and it was a great upgrade over stock and worth the money to me clearly. A friend also recommended over the stock tubes, the Premium gold pin version of Sovtek 6H30Pi super twin triode from PCX. I have not heard but did purchase as back up because they are very inexpensive.