BAT VK75 vs. BAT VK75SE - which is more euphonic?

I'm thinking about getting a BAT VK75SE. But I like a tuby sound. At the same time, I like a very, very clean sound in the top...as little distortion as possible. So I'm debating--might I like a straight, non-SE version better? Might it be a bit warmer, a bit softer on the highs (good things in my book, given that most things seem a bit too bright for me). Or would the non-SE version be a bit muddy, and not so clean in the top? I'm coming at this from an ARC VT100 mkiii that I use on Harbeth M30's, always in the 4 ohm tap, because the 8 ohm tap is just too bright for me. (I guess that the VK75 has 4 and 8 ohm taps also?)

Who has compared these two closely and can give me some advice?
eweedhome
since the ARC you have is definitely not tubey, the 75SE should be your choice. much better bass and extension.
I think you got it mostly right. The 75SE will be more extended, bigger stage, more authority, the 75 a little sweeter.

The non se 75 WON"T be muddy, won't be distorted, etc.

And yes the 75/75se has 4-6 ohm taps and 8 ohm taps.

I used to have VK60 before my 75SE (now 150SE) ...
One final thought, if you want that lil sweeter sound, dual VK60's might be the ticket for not a lot more $$'s that a 75se.

When run in mono, you get more extension and control, more power, but it's a higher quality. The mono versions sound better than the stereo versions.