Best blues guitarist, Clapton or Green

I know Clapton is God, but is he a better blues guitarist than Peter Green.
cody
check out Steve Kimock playing "End of The World Blues" with Zero...lots of high quality digital tapes around of this band. Kimock soars.
Clapton was a bore after "Derek and the Dominos". I've seen him live several times; only time he was any good was when he was playing with a four piece band (inc him) and the drummer was Phil Collins. Eric had to really work on that tour; no backup guitar players to fill in.

Ever wonder why there was no Cream reunion? Probably because Jack Bruce was the creative force in that band. Clapton and his handlers wanted to ensure that that ugly little truth from the past stayed in history.

He wrote almost all the tunes and sang them. Clapton contributed a few tunes and that was it. His most famous was a collaboration with George Harrison called "Badge". Clapton was/is an excellent rock and roll/blues guitar player and mediocre vocalist and songwriter (Wonderful tonight....puh..lease!). His best work as a solo artist was the dual album "Layla and Other Love Songs". Duane Allman was a guest on that album.
Captpenny: I agree with you on Mike Bloomfield; you got to
here him with Muddy Waters on the Fathers and Sons album
a true knockout blues album if there ever was one.
So Jack Bruce driving force behind Cream, would you agree that Mick Taylor was the driving force behind Stones when he was a member? Yes, not jagger. About Derek and Dominios, seems from the comments you make about Clapton, then Duane + Clapton , both were inspired by each others playing. Remember Clapton had found a deep love at this time, Love inspires. But got to say Duane was an unbelievable blues player. The Allman Brothers 1972 concert at the New Orleans wharehouse was unbelievable from reports heard, played til 5 or 6AM!! I missed it, too young.
Cream was a collaborative effort, especially "Fresh Cream", but ultimately, if it was anybody's band it was Jack Bruce's. As his career moved on, Bruce was able to recreate the Cream sound with other musicians, in particular Gary Moore, but Clapton never sounded the same. In his defense I believe Clapton would argue that he never wanted to sound like Cream again.

Regarding Mick Taylor, the Stones were a very capable band before Taylor and even now they can still rock as well as anyone, but their level of musicianship peaked during the Taylor years. No, he wasn't the creative equal of the Jagger/Richards duo, but it's widely reported that he was denied numerous writing and producing credits during his stay with the Stones.