Best Cd Player under $4000?

My system is the following:Cambridge Azur 840C cd player, Pathos Classic One MKIII,Focal Chorus 826V speakers,Running Spring Audio(Haley) line conditioner,Cardas Golden Reference AC cords and Kubala Sosna Emotion balanced inter. and speaker cables.My system sounds a little bit on the lean side and could have a better soundstage.
I mostly listen to instrumental jazz and acoustic music (piano,guitar),trios/quartets.I'm in the process of upgrading my cd player.

Esoteric SA-10,Bryston BCD-1,AMR CD777,any other ?
128x128erasto
i auditioned the raysonic. it sounded like a solid state player. that is, it did not present any characteristics of the "tube" sound. although i replaced the tubes, the sound hardly changed. based upon my perception, i don't think you will solve your problem of leanness with the raysonic.
It had the best of the tube sound with solid state.
It did not sound "tubey".

Alot of people have the Raysonic. You do not see alot used.
They are a keeper. Depends also the quality of gear downstream. The Raysonic sounds good with SS gear.
I do not think I would run it with more tubes.

The Raysonic is a tough sale in the show room if not broken in.

You have to run it for 100 hours before you make a judgement. I judge this on USING alot of the big name cd players.
If you are going to spend up to US 4k for a cd-player, make sure to audition the "baby" AMR CD-777. I admit not having heard it myself yet (still eagerly looking for an opportunity), but if it has the genes of CD-77 you must not worry over either soundstage or leanness anymore. With the advent of the CD 77.1 you may also want to keep your eyes open for a used CD-77 (although since the CD-77 is actually upgradeable, chances are probably fairly remote ..., good luck anyway!)