Best live album you've ever heard?

This is certainly inspired by the album that is kickin' it very LOUD here. I have many many live albums by every one from A-Z, but NONE come close to this one except Johnny Winter And Live, or the Allman Brothers Live at Fillmore East. The Stones' Get Your Ya Ya's Out has to be the best live rock'n'roll album ever. God bless Mick Taylor. I live in a concrete block house, and it is still shakin'. If any of you know of a better live recording than these, please fill me in. Thanks, Tom
trich727
Best Live is Gato Barbierri. I lost the album, but it's something like Live at Montreaux, recorded in the 70s. The audience waited until 2:00 am to hear his band/orchestra from Argentina. Most of the band did not make the flight, so half the musicians on the stage are from various groups. You can hear Gato's percussionist and his pianist running around the stage directing the musicians when to change tempo, etc. It is very visceral and extremely exciting (to my ears and soul). Gato is a man possessed. He sounds like he is bending the sax and forcing his will upon it. He, sort of like Django (I say sort of because Django was always in full control), is in a trance, subhuman and just plays without restraint. Total wild-freedom, reaching for estatic release. I would love to get a recording of this if anyone has it.
Finally, I hate his later 80s crap. Nothing but puppy "salsa". Maybe he did blow his soul out that night in France?
Not even close. Johnny Winter AND Live. The first 10 seconds of Jumping Jack Flash is ALL I need to hear and you know what the rest of the recording is going to be like. Nothing gets me going like that. There is more energy on that one song than what most bands put on 10 cd's. It just doesn't get any better than that for live music.
Hey Boa2
Best place I saw RT is in NYC, we have a 170 yr old cathederal named St Ann. They put on a few limited shows and the acoustics were amazing. Hoped you enjoyed the 1,000 yrs show. If you can get a hold of Rts' bootlegs he has a double album called Columbia Gold. If you liked two letter words you will love this one. it was made in Italy which makes excellent boots ( something about the copyright laws ) and its a soundboard recording. Hope you can find it.
Surfgod ...

Had the pleasure of seeing RT open for Crowded House at Carnegie Hall in 1991. At about the same time, he became part of a touring group of singer/songwriters put together by WNEW/WFUV DJ, Vin Scelsa. They toured under the program name of "In Your Own Words" and played the Bottom Line several times. I saw him in the round with Shawn Colvin; Barrett Strong (Temptaions' songwriter ... he wrote "My Girl," etc.); and Dave Alvin. I was also fortunate to have a table butted against the center of the stage when RT played the Bottom Line solo and he premiered "1952 Vincent Black Lightening."

Regards, Rich
Johnny Winter And Live: amazing stuff, The Who Live at Leeds: A real blast and intoxicating, The Allman Bro.s Band at the Filmore East: Awe inspiring rock and roll. Abso**ckinglutly!!!

But when I want to be transported to a different place there is only one live rock album for me: Jimi Hendrix's Band of Gypsys (the original on Capital), tight, powerful & soulful with a guitar player that's just on a different level. It still give me goose bumps to this day after nearly 35 years, now for me thats the real deal. (sonics could be better, but that could be said for a lot of the personal picks here)
IMHO