Best Male Singers of the 20th Century

There is an interesting current discussion about the best female vocalists on CD. I have my own ideas about the best male singers (any category) of the 20th Century, but would like to hear other opinions.
sdcampbell
I wandered into the C&W room after everyone had already left. In terms of white popular music (apologies to Charlie Pride, etc., for the generalization), that's where real vocal talent is cultivated, IMO. Some male singers with amazing chops were mentioned in the C&W thread. You don't have to have a very good voice to make it in rock (altho there are plenty of good voices)-- I'm with those who think it's more about attitude. I'm not knocking it; I listen to a heck of a lot more rock than country. They are just two very different approaches, either one of which can communicate feeling and emotion. To me, Springsteen is one of the great male rock vocalists. He's got some chops, but he's not on the same level as someone like Merle Haggard. Doesn't mean I enjoy him any less.
So many... but a few of my favorites: Harry Connick, Jr., Buddy Holly, Pavarotti, Sinatra, Jim Reeves, Jim Nabors, and Johnny Mathis
Jayboard, I stand appended, as it were. Randy Travis, Waylon Jennings and countless other C & W artists can lay claim to awesome voices - it is hard to fake it in C & W without the pipes. Note: Dylan's vocal work on Nashville Skyline/Blood On The Tracks or Desire show off a voice better than you would guess otherwise.