Best option

I've asked this before but now I'm going to be alot more specific. Big room, 20x40, around 700 dollars to spend, and two channel are my restrictions. I have a Technics receiver rated at 75W per channel at the moment, will be buying new one shortly. I was thinking about getting Klipsch Forte II off ebay, but from further reading, everyone recommends tube amps. Is this a bad idea to match them. If so what would you recommend I get? Thanks.
cwaigy
I have NOT heard these speakers, so I cannot comment on their sound. However, this reviewer took the time to write a lengthy and detailed review of the Polk Audio R-30 Reference Loudspeaker Monitor. It would SEEM to be a strong consideration for your amplifier power and budget considerations. The reviewer states:
"With an MSRP of $400 per pair it must be considered a most worthy performer but at its actual street selling price of $78 to $200 per pair...you just ain't gonna find anything as good looking or sounding!"

And he also says:

"Power Handling is such that the R-30's are recommended for use with amplifiers rated at 20 - 100 watts per channel @ 8 ohms. Efficiency is rated at 89db @1w 1m."

Just an idea, and as I said, I have absolutely NO personal listening experience with this speaker--NO firsthand knowledge. So beware. But this review caught my eye in the bang for the buck category.
Thanks MDHoover, I'm looking for a little bit more expensive unless they truly can compete with more expensive speakers. I should probably mention I'm looking at used speakers on Ebay, and thus getting everything fairly cheap. Thanks again.
Greetings.Have a look at the new Monitor 5 series from Paradigm.VERY efficient & much more refined sound than you'ld get from the Forte's.You would also be getting new speakers with excellent factory warranty that would support a future upgrade in the front end.