best preamp ever - cost is no object

Hello there,

I am in the running for a new preamp, cost is no object.
Would appreciate to hear comments from you out there.
Thinking about Lyra Connoisseur 4.2 SE among others.
Poweramp is Tenor 150, speakers are Eidolon diamonds.
Thanks for your help and experience.
aspera
My friend owns,and loves it.He has a wonderful system,and this pre is one reason why.
this week i tried first sound 's paramount mk2 special edition statement preamplifier againts kondo M1000 with zanden digitals , komuro amps and kharma grand exquisites.
and i can only say that S.E statement from first sound is as good as M-1000.
very impressive...
Ayon Spheris, Cello Audio Suite, Boulder 2010, Audio Note M-1000 - with these you can´t go wrong as they for sure represent the cream of the crop. Have heard all of them (unfortunately in different set-ups but you´ll def. get the WOW-Factor ;)
I will agree with the First Sound Statement. Hand made copper capacitors-I am sure I heard the voice of god!
Only a handfull are competitors.
Best? Who knows? In the end, how you react to a particular preamp will be a function of your tastes and the remainder of your system. I would also suggest that ease of use, reliability, ease of repair and dealer support should be considered. Also, do you need a unit which has balanced inputs and outputs? I owned a CTC Blowtorch for many years and was very pleased with the sound. I still feel that it is in the top three solid state units available, but it has no remote and cannot accept balanced inputs. More importantly, it lacks that last little bit of magic that tubed units seem to have. The solution for me was an Einstein preamp. It is tubed, retains the speed, detail, low noise and imaging of the Blowtorch but in addition has better, more impactful bass, better dynamics, is more three dimensional, better image density and tonally is truer to the sound. In addition, it has a very well thought out remote, balanced inputs and a balanced output. Is it the best preamp in the world? Who knows? But it is one of the very few units which I could live with long term. And it does have magic!