Best rock bass player

Today is the 11th anniversary of John Entwistle's death. I had the pleasure of seeing him play live a few times and was always impressed by his musicality and ability to keep up with Keith Moon- much less lay a foundation for Pete Townshend. I also have always enjoyed Chris Squire, Stanley Clarke, and Flea for similar reasons. Who are some of your favorites?
maxnewid
So many great ones mentioned....I second (or third or fourth) Lesh, Entwistle and Graham Maby (so glad he is getting props here--his work with JJ is amazing! Geddy Lee (don't like Rush but his skills cannot be disputed) and Dee Murray--yep! Did anyone mention John Paul Jones? What about Leland Sklar and all the studio work he has done--awesome bass guitarist!
Rob Wasserman, a true artist on the bass, but not yet mentioned. And Led Zep would not have been one of the best rock bands of all time without John Paul Jones. First four Allman Brothers Band albums allowed Berry Oakley to show his wonderful talents (c'mon, the intro to Whipping Post is one of rock's best ever bass lines) and let's not forget Adam Clayton of U2.
Does Wasserman play electric? I know he's a fine upright player. How about Jim Fielder (Blood, Sweat and Tears, in their heyday, also appears on Freak Out and Buffalo Springfield Again)...
Yup .... Wasserman plays electric. A really cool electric upright and a more "traditional" electric bass guitar. Listen to his "Duets" and "Trios" albums for some excellent tunes.
Wasserman plays on a great Rock/Jazz (as opposed to Jazz/Rock!;) record; 'Cosmic Farm' and totally kills it! The record has a 'fat' & 'beefy' bass sound!