Best speakers for $3000

I'm looking to purchase a pair of towers 
I listen to mostly r&b soul rap and blurs/jazz I have a emotiva xpa 200 to power them 
trrevell
considering the amp being used and the real world price of the RF7, it might not be such a bad recommendation. I wouldn't choose them, but when I heard them, was quite surprised they sounded pretty good
There's a pair of Joseph Audio RM25XLs for sale here a bit below your price target.  I know you mentioned the SF Venere above, and having had them both in my system (Venere 2.5) I'd put the RM25XLs at a significantly higher level in terms of refinement, imaging/soundstage, linearity, and overall build quality.  They also go a bit lower than the 2.5s and are likely an easier load for your amp as they don't dip below 6 Ohms.  Just another option and best of luck. 

Check out the Spendor A5R. I’ve owned a few Spendor floorstanders and I think they would fit the bill!
Consider a home audition of Ohm Walsh 2000 ($2800/pr).  You have enough juice for them, and they do just about everything well.  As long as your room is not larger than the recommended room size for the speakers (see the Ohm web site), you might find them the perfect solution to your search.