Best Standard Def DVD Player under $8,000 used?

I am looking for the best possible Standard Def DVD player
that is BLACK. I have a Krell DVD Showcase now and it's
great but I am wondering if there is better to be had for
under $8,000 used.

I would like to hear opinions/comparisons of the video
quality for:

Krell DVD Standard
Linn Unidisk 1.1
Meridian G98
Denon 5910CI

Thanks
Tom
tom92602
check out Reference Audio Mods for their selection of "NEW" DVD players (many models also play SACDs & DVD-As) which the owner will modify with top-of-the-line components (wiring, IECs, RCA outs, power supply, transformer, super clock, caps, resistors, opamps, etc.) for a lot less than $8,000.00, but will easily compete sonically with $8,000.00+ units. I have a Denon DVD-5910CI unit (awesome audio with music DVDs, CDs, SACDs, DVD-As + upconverts STD DEF DVDs to 1080P) that was modded by Reference Audio Mods and audio quality is absolute best...video quality is also incredible!!!

If you don't have SACDs & DVD-As, then ask Reference Audio to help you select a new Blu-ray for mod (you can play your DVDs on a Blu-ray player) and sonics will be 5x better versus an out-of-the-box player...

with money you save buying an "audiophile" quality new DVD (if you also listen to SACDs or DVD-As) or Blu-ray from Reference Audio you would have plenty of money leftover to buy a new 1080P Panasonic Plasma model TH-50PZ800U (THX certified).
I'd like to help, but really now, everyone knows you can't get a decent player for less than 8 grand.

Ok.. Nice work all you $300 BluRay payer lovers..
If only you had highend systems to appreciate the
gear I am wanting to discuss.

BluRay is slow to load disks, Disks are expensive and
I have a 500+ standard Def DVD library. I personally
think in most cases my KRELL standard def player will
look better than $300 bluray. Everytime I see one
at the store I think to myself that my Krell looks
better.. So I am sticking with Standard DVD, Redbox
rentals, and movies that cost 1/3 to own. And yes if
you guys who don't get it had decent equipment you would
see just how spectacular DVDs look of Meridians, Krells,
and Linns.

I owned the OPPO so I know the Krell far outperforms it.
I swear the OPPO company has paid shills out on every
board telling people how good OPPO is. I have a Denon
2930CI in the bedroom that smokes the 983H on component
video. Audio too..

Is so sad whenever someone wants to discuss 3 or 4 highend
pieces of gear, all the hackers come out and bash you
saying their Circuit City gear is better.. The enthusiasts
on here who have actually used the highend gear I am
referring to know what I am talking about... The performance level of a Krell or Meridian or Linn is truly
spectacular..

I wish there was a way to ban trolls from threads when they
have nothing useful to contribute..
I often wonder about the Oppo deal too, I mean come on they are the biggest thing since sliced bread???
Sure I have seen one and its good and many love them but it at times is a grows a bit old when every single thread has some drive by Oppo suggestion with nothing more to add.
I have even said check them out myself so I am not knocking the reference but its time to really REALLY show us just why its better, and not based off some net test or review thats out of date, I want to see detailed up to date info to be a bit more at ease. JMHO
BluRay Disks are expensive ($30.00 each), but you want to spend $8k on a standard DVD player? Am I missing something? This is a joke right?