Best way to hook up a sub?

Okay, so I just found a sub tonight (svs sb 12 plus) that has xlr inputs and outputs. Question is what is the best way to incorporate a sub in my system. I can run xlr's into my amp and use the remaining rca's into the sub, but I think I will get a hum if I do this (another ground loop?), and I would rather use xlr's because I just think they sound better. What about an xlr splitter? If I do use a splitter, does a cheap splitter offset the advantage's of high quality Xlr's? If not, would it be better to split the signal at the pre amp, or just run xlr's into the sub from the pre amp, and then from the sub into the amp, as this is possible with this sub?
128x128b_limo
I never experience having two subs so I could not tell you. I have my sub in between the speakers which gives me the best blend and bass. I would keep trying with positioning to find the best blend and sound.
Corner placement just blows the center placement away in my particular application. Way more output, way lower bass and not muddy. I think Im going to look into buying another sub for the left side, that way the bass is coming from both areas.
Alright, I moved my sub back to the center of my front wall to give it another try, and yes, it does sound better there. I placed my sub on 4" cinder blocks to try to decouple it from the floor, turned the crossover down to 40hz and turned the gain up. Waaay cleaner and better sounding. You guys were right, I was wrong :-)
I've eat crow many times. Glad to hear you've got your sub sounding great.
I find that most times I need to leave something in for at least a week and go back to see which is truly better.
Change can fool the best of us into thinking it's a pos. when it's really not.