Bi-wire: is it worth it?

I am about to buy a sweet set of used martin logan stats. They have four terminals, and can be bi-wired. Someone has suggested I should bi-wire them. However, this would come at an additional cost, as I would have to buy new speaker cables. Does bi-wiring make a noticeable difference?
elegal
I think the results also vary with different speakers and different wire. I would at least recommend that your jumpers be the same as your main cable.
There is an interaction between speakers by "Back EMF" generated voltage. Bi-wiring separates speakers by inductive reactance of the wires' and amp's output impedance divider. It works for some speakers more than for the others. I think it depends on xover design.
Elegal....I've heard the system bettered every time...sometimes dramatically, sometimes incrementally. In my experience, if the speakers were designed with bi-wire in mind (separate low and high sections ....2 (or more) input connections on the speaker) there is a very worthwhile improvement
My speakers are set up for bi-wiring and my cables are bi-wired Kimber 8PR banana plugs. If I wanted to compare bi-wire to regular (single) as this point, what do I do?

Yes, I have the original metal jumpers, but some think they degrade the sound and custom jumpers are needed. If I get custom jumpers, what brand?

And ... lastly, what do I do with the extra set of cable leads? Tape over the banana leads and fold them back?

I bet the whole quixotic exercise will be one of futility, but I'm game to try.

Bifwynne, getting custom jumpers and only using half of the Kimber 8PR would not be a fair test. A quick easy way to eliminate bi-wire is to install the jumpers with the 8PR connected as it is now. If you could use a short piece of quality wire to do this, that should be better than the straps. Nevertheless, that will eliminate bi-wire for a comparison.