Bi-wire: is it worth it?

I am about to buy a sweet set of used martin logan stats. They have four terminals, and can be bi-wired. Someone has suggested I should bi-wire them. However, this would come at an additional cost, as I would have to buy new speaker cables. Does bi-wiring make a noticeable difference?
elegal
This explanation is from TAS The Golden Ear's Guide to Audio system Setup and Evaluation. The except in the book is quoted from Bill Low of Audioquest.

"When you're using a single full-range speaker cable (not bi-wiring), the large amounts of bass energy carried within the single cable has an adverse effect on the upper frequencies. In a bi-wire setup the cable feeding the the higher frequncies no longer handles the large magnetic fields caused by the high current needed to produce bass. Bi-wiring does not affect the bass fundamentals, but the treble signal now travels a less disturbed path. It's a little like the differnce between swimming through waves versus through smooth water. Bass frequencies will sound better because bass definition is actually located in the midrange and higher frequencies. It is always wothwhile to take advantage of the benefits of bi-wiring when the speaker manufacturer has gone to the extra expense of providing this capability. The performance benefits of reducing distortion in this way are substantial."
When you're using a single full-range speaker cable (not bi-wiring), the large amounts of bass energy carried within the single cable has an adverse effect on the upper frequencies. In a bi-wire setup the cable feeding the the higher frequncies no longer handles the large magnetic fields caused by the high current needed to produce bass. Bi-wiring does not affect the bass fundamentals, but the treble signal now travels a less disturbed path. It's a little like the differnce between swimming through waves versus through smooth water. Bass frequencies will sound better because bass definition is actually located in the midrange and higher frequencies. It is ALWAYS [emphasis added, to reinforce my disagreement] wothwhile to take advantage of the benefits of bi-wiring when the speaker manufacturer has gone to the extra expense of providing this capability. The performance benefits of reducing distortion in this way are substantial.
As is often the case when it comes to explanations that are provided for alleged cable effects, IMO it is not possible to either agree or disagree with Mr. Low's explanation with any certainty. The reason being that such explanations commonly do not lend themselves to either analysis or measurement in a QUANTITATIVE manner, that might allow a determination of whether or not it is conceivable that the claimed effect could be great enough to be audibly significant.

In this case, I don't doubt that in many situations listening results would be obtained that are consistent with what Mr. Low is saying, whatever the explanation may be. However, it seems clear that the opposite will also sometimes occur. For example, in this thread and this one three different members reported a substantial loss of bass when biwiring, compared to when their connections were single wired.

Regards,
-- Al

One thing for sure, bi-wiring is more expensive, and IMHO, anyone in the business to sell cables would be an advocate for everyone to "buy-wire" :-)